Celebrity Duos | Golden Skate

Celebrity Duos

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Okay did anyone catch the latest crooning show? I watched part of it last night. I don't know if I will continue to watch. I think Marie Osmond may get on my nerves fairly quickly. Of course, the celebrities like Gladys Knight are awesome to watch, but the non-singer wannabees - I don't know.

These shows are just getting too much!!!

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
I wasn't enamored with the show either. It's a 'if there's nothing else on.....'

I did like Alfonso from Fresh Prince of Bel Air. He used to sing on that show, too.

Otherwise, I definitely don't need to hear any of the other celebs singing.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Only ones who can carry a tune are... Alfonso Ribeiro, Hal Sparks, Lucy Lawless, and Jai Rodriguez. :)

Carly Patterson, who has a semi-weak voice, got a pat on the back from David Foster, when he had JUST put down Alfonso Ribeiro. I say, if you take a job, then take it seriousley, otherwise don't do it at all.

Oh, and ROFL @ Little Richard, he cracks me UP!

Smokey Robinson is still pretty. :D

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I thought Carly Patterson was pretty bad. Have a feeling that she is being set up to win. When did Xena become a blonde? Loved Hal Sparks, Alphonso Riviero and Jai Rodriguez! Noticed Hal's pal from "Queer as Folk" is starring on the new FOX show "Vanished". Will watch to see which pros show up week to week. Little Richard annoys me to no end and Marie Osmond's remark to Hal that he was too white on "I heard it Through the Grapevine" was really funny coming from the whitest woman in America. I think the talent shows need to mix the judging formula up some.........brutally honest man that knows the business, sweetheart popsinger, and third iffy person is getting old. Why not have a bitchy woman for a change?

Ladskater

Record Breaker
I thought Carly Patterson was pretty bad. Have a feeling that she is being set up to win. When did Xena become a blonde? Loved Hal Sparks, Alphonso Riviero and Jai Rodriguez! Noticed Hal's pal from "Queer as Folk" is starring on the new FOX show "Vanished". Will watch to see which pros show up week to week. Little Richard annoys me to no end and Marie Osmond's remark to Hal that he was too white on "I heard it Through the Grapevine" was really funny coming from the whitest woman in America. I think the talent shows need to mix the judging formula up some.........brutally honest man that knows the business, sweetheart popsinger, and third iffy person is getting old. Why not have a bitchy woman for a change?

I agree. What does Marie Osmond know?

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Alot. She's been in the business since she was 12.

Still....she is obnoxious all ready. I was being a little facetious here. I meant her comment Hal about "I heard it throught the Grape Vine" - being too white. It just sounded too funny coming from her...could not resist.

backspin

On the Ice
Did anyone else notice how LeeAnn Womack practically ran off stage after her duet w/ that wrestler guy, & was *clearly* uncomfortable w/ him pawing her? I was squicked out just watching it.

Then he got booted even though I thought he sang better than Carly "chipmunk voice" Patterson......I wondered if there'd been complaints & they needed to get rid of him.

CB1AB2

Medalist
I think Jai has the best voice by far = he was on Broadway (can't remember the play) for 5 yrs I think = he deffinitely can sing

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I didn't see the show, but if I'm not mistaken, Xena is a natural blonde, dyed her hair dark to play Xena.

This is correct... As an obsessive Xena: Warrior Princess fanatic, I was in shock & awe at how crazy good she was... I knew she sang, but I didn't know she could SING!!! Awesome!!!

And of course both my husband & I swooned over her duet with Smokey Robinson... simply awesome.:bow: