View Poll Results: World Champions this coming year?

Voters
273. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lambiel

67 24.54%
  • Oda or Takahashi

33 12.09%
  • Joubert or Buttle

71 26.01%
  • Lysacek or Weir

47 17.22%
  • Kim

70 25.64%
  • Asada

101 37.00%
  • Meissner

32 11.72%
  • Pang and Tong

22 8.06%
  • Zhang and Zhang

29 10.62%
  • Shen and Zhou or Petrova and Tikhonov

106 38.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: This years World Champions will be?

Banned

This years World Champions will be?

If you were to predict right now who will end this year as World Champions. I included the top choices in mens, womens, and pairs. I dont care about dance much so I left it out. Pick only 1 per category-mens, womens, and pairs?

Medalist
    2006 Potential World Champions
    Men: Evan Lysacek (because Lambiel's knees can only hold up for so long, and Weir changes his programs and jump lay-outs as he feels, but Nobunari Oda is a strong gold medal contender if not as artistically/PCS strong)

Ladies: Mao Asada (if she falters, then YuNa Kim)

Dance: Belbin and Agosto (if they get the love from European judges that they deserve)

Pairs: any of the top 3 Chinese pairs can and will win

Custom Title
    Well, I´m a big fan of Lambiel, Lysacek, Weir, Takahashi, Oda and Buttle´s skating, so it is rather hard to select which one of them I would prefer to win. I have a feeling though that Lysacek might come real strong this season. Lambiel has suffered from injuries and I´m afraid that this season Weir will be even more distracted by lots of matters which are not connected with the practicing of his skating.

From ladies I would be really glad to see either Asada or Kim on top of the Worlds podium. Ditto about Shen & Zhao.

Custom Title
    Men : Joubert will be hard to beat in TES and Buttle should rule the PCS, if Lambiel continues to have problems with his knees.

Ladies : Personally I prefer Kim's style, but Asada should have the competetive edge. It's in Tokyo, after all.

Pairs : Even though I have a soft spot for S&Z, there's no denial that the Zhangs are technically the best.

Medalist
    Toss up between Mao and Miki on their home turf.

Banned
    Now that I look at this poll again it looks stupid how I put the joint names together to make room. I probably should have narrowed the men to 4-Lambiel, Joubert, Lysacek, and Oda, the 4 with the best chance; and done the same 3 women, and just not included Petrova/Tikhonov as one of the pairs since I suspect all 9 votes for Petrova/Tikhonov/Shen/Zhou are for Shen/Zhou.

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    ladies: mao....(amazing)
    mens: joubert
    pairs: can't spell their name but the germans.....(scholkowy?)..i think they have potential
    and of course.....DANCE:
    ISABELLE DELOBEL AND OLIVIER SCHOENFELDER!!!!!

Rinkside
    I hope Stephane.

I'm not too bothered about the rest, although of course I'd like to see S&J Kerr doing well.

Banned
    It is interesting I tacked Shen/Zhou and Petrova/Tikhonov together figuring individualy they would get the least votes. How wrong I was. It seems alot are confident in Shen/Zhou returning to their old form this year. Will be interesting to see. I would love Pang/Tong to win again, but would be happy for Shen/Zhou too. Would not be so happy for the Zhangs but if they deserve it I wont complain.
    Petrova/Tikhonov and Savchenko/Szowkolsky will have their hands full breaking up a podium sweep. Do Inoue/Baldwin Jr. or Marcoux/Buntin have a "competition of their lives" in store? To sneak onto the podium next year with Shen/Zhou's return, that is what it will take for one of them probably.

On the Ice
    are we not expecting sasha cohen not to compete at worlds?

I think Sasha has been treated as a 'has been'.

But from reports she intends to skate US Nats which is the qualifying contest to get to Worlds. Hard to think she won't make it.

Joe

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hyoo View Post
    are we not expecting sasha cohen not to compete at worlds?

I dont know if she is going to be there or not but I dont take her seriously as a potential winner this year.

Banned
    I think it will be Joubert (he wants it bad; has the talent) and Asada (unless Kimmie breaks through artistically and can keep doing 7 Triple programs consistently).

Rinkside
    I hope for lambiel, if he just could get is axel right... But I looking forward to Takahashi. He will rule fs.
    the womens compitition i am not intrested in. Just as long as meissner don't get old of that gold again.
    And it is time: Belbin/Agosto as the one and only!

Custom Title
    I believe Shen/Zhao will win for pair, Yuna Kim for ladies, and Staphane for Man.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast