Votes: 22 8.1%
  • Zhang and Zhang

Votes: 29 10.6%
  • Shen and Zhou or Petrova and Tikhonov

Votes: 106 38.8%

• Total voters

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
If you were to predict right now who will end this year as World Champions. I included the top choices in mens, womens, and pairs. I dont care about dance much so I left it out. Pick only 1 per category-mens, womens, and pairs?

VINLUVSKWAN

Rinkside
2006 Potential World Champions
Men: Evan Lysacek (because Lambiel's knees can only hold up for so long, and Weir changes his programs and jump lay-outs as he feels, but Nobunari Oda is a strong gold medal contender if not as artistically/PCS strong)

Ladies: Mao Asada (if she falters, then YuNa Kim)

Dance: Belbin and Agosto (if they get the love from European judges that they deserve)

Pairs: any of the top 3 Chinese pairs can and will win

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Well, I´m a big fan of Lambiel, Lysacek, Weir, Takahashi, Oda and Buttle´s skating, so it is rather hard to select which one of them I would prefer to win. I have a feeling though that Lysacek might come real strong this season. Lambiel has suffered from injuries and I´m afraid that this season Weir will be even more distracted by lots of matters which are not connected with the practicing of his skating.

From ladies I would be really glad to see either Asada or Kim on top of the Worlds podium. Ditto about Shen & Zhao.

Skye

On the Ice
Men : Joubert will be hard to beat in TES and Buttle should rule the PCS, if Lambiel continues to have problems with his knees.

Ladies : Personally I prefer Kim's style, but Asada should have the competetive edge. It's in Tokyo, after all.

Pairs : Even though I have a soft spot for S&Z, there's no denial that the Zhangs are technically the best.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Now that I look at this poll again it looks stupid how I put the joint names together to make room. I probably should have narrowed the men to 4-Lambiel, Joubert, Lysacek, and Oda, the 4 with the best chance; and done the same 3 women, and just not included Petrova/Tikhonov as one of the pairs since I suspect all 9 votes for Petrova/Tikhonov/Shen/Zhou are for Shen/Zhou.

Final Flight
ladies: mao....(amazing)
mens: joubert
pairs: can't spell their name but the germans.....(scholkowy?)..i think they have potential
and of course.....DANCE:
ISABELLE DELOBEL AND OLIVIER SCHOENFELDER!!!!!

melanieuk

Spectator
I hope Stephane.

I'm not too bothered about the rest, although of course I'd like to see S&J Kerr doing well. :bow:

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
It is interesting I tacked Shen/Zhou and Petrova/Tikhonov together figuring individualy they would get the least votes. How wrong I was. It seems alot are confident in Shen/Zhou returning to their old form this year. Will be interesting to see. I would love Pang/Tong to win again, but would be happy for Shen/Zhou too. Would not be so happy for the Zhangs but if they deserve it I wont complain.
Petrova/Tikhonov and Savchenko/Szowkolsky will have their hands full breaking up a podium sweep. Do Inoue/Baldwin Jr. or Marcoux/Buntin have a "competition of their lives" in store? To sneak onto the podium next year with Shen/Zhou's return, that is what it will take for one of them probably.

I think Sasha has been treated as a 'has been'.

But from reports she intends to skate US Nats which is the qualifying contest to get to Worlds. Hard to think she won't make it.

Joe

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
I think it will be Joubert (he wants it bad; has the talent) and Asada (unless Kimmie breaks through artistically and can keep doing 7 Triple programs consistently).

Quintillis

Spectator
I hope for lambiel, if he just could get is axel right... But I looking forward to Takahashi. He will rule fs.
the womens compitition i am not intrested in. Just as long as meissner don't get old of that gold again.
And it is time: Belbin/Agosto as the one and only!:yes:

Final Flight
ouch ....no ice dance choices?!
well...of course its between the bulgarians and the one and only del/sch!:bow:

unexpected

Spectator
Lysacek for the men. Lambiel is awesome but i don't know about consistency.
Kimmie Meissner for women. no doubts
:thumbsup:

Jhar55

Medalist
I am voting for Evan, like I said after world this year Evan is going to be World Champion and got all kinds of neg. from everyone here. And now you put him on the list. Just like after 2004 Skate America I said he was going to be one of the next stars and got poo-pooed on it now look how many of you have jumped on the Evan bandwagon.:p
All I can say is I pick him first :clap: GO EVAN!!!!