Votes: 22 8.1%
  • Zhang and Zhang

Votes: 29 10.6%
  • Shen and Zhou or Petrova and Tikhonov

Votes: 106 38.8%

• Total voters

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I made the poll and included 7 guys on the list. Being on a list of 7 guys when you are a 2-time World bronze medalist is hardly a surprise. :laugh:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I'm going for...

ladies: Miki
men: Joubert
pairs: S & J
dance: bulgarians or canadians... last year I thought B & A would contend, but I simply HATE that boring dance of theirs... it reminds me of the year the Tat& Partner did that gosh awful Cotton Club routine...

Of course, since I seem to be the kiss of death on skaters, I'm sure all of the above will fall part, have serious injuries or simply decide to quit the sport... its so sad...

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't understand your poll, why are you putting two names in???

Dee

goodbyemylover

Rinkside
Ladies: Kimmie might have won last time, but this year, she's going to have heavy competition. (The Grand Prix may be a little bit of an indication.) Many people are gunning for Mao Asada to win, but her competition is heavy too. I'd like Fumie Suguri to place nicely, as she's a favorite of mine, but I'm not sure.

Overall: If she doesn't choke, Mao Asada

Men: There are a lot of possibilities here. This year is anybody's game with Plushenko out, whether or not you like him. Joubert's in peak form this year, and finally displaying the extent of his 'latent' talents; Lambiel, regardless of knees and inconsistent training, is his biggest opposition. If hip permits, Lysacek is a distinct possibility, at least to medal; if spine permits, Buttle might be able to take his first Gold at Worlds. The Japanese men, Oda and Takahashi are also contenders.

Overall: Stephane Lambiel
It'll be between Lambiel and Joubert again, with Lysacek trying to keep up. While Lysacek is bound to take the gold someday, I feel Lambiel won't let go of his title so easily.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I think Shen & Zhao are the only total lock for world champions. Since I am always wrong, they will probably get the flu or something.

Denkova & Staviyski in dance are probably pretty much untouchable.

Men and ladies are wide open. I'd give it to Takahashi, if he can hold his head (and stomach) together. Ladies, I won't hazard a guess even. They all seem to be great skaters with head case problems. Kim, if you force me to pick.

scorekeeper

On the Ice
Kimmie all the way!:clap:

She's got her work cut out for her. Ando, Asada, Kim, and Suguri all posted better scores in the Grand Prix.

I think the men's event is anyone's game. Lambiel, Joubert, Takahashi, Oda, and Lysacek all have a good chance. Préaubert is also a contender. I haven't seen Buttle at all this season, so I don't know.

For pairs, I'll bet on Shen & Zhao. Petrova & Tikhonov didn't participate in the Russian Nationals, they might not even go to World's.

Dance is anyone's game. It's the only discipline left where the Russians are still a threat, so that might spur Domnina & Shabalin to the top of the podium.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Ladies: Kimmie might have won last time, but this year, she's going to have heavy competition. (The Grand Prix may be a little bit of an indication.) Many people are gunning for Mao Asada to win, but her competition is heavy too. I'd like Fumie Suguri to place nicely, as she's a favorite of mine, but I'm not sure.

Overall: If she doesn't choke, Mao Asada

Men: There are a lot of possibilities here. This year is anybody's game with Plushenko out, whether or not you like him. Joubert's in peak form this year, and finally displaying the extent of his 'latent' talents; Lambiel, regardless of knees and inconsistent training, is his biggest opposition. If hip permits, Lysacek is a distinct possibility, at least to medal; if spine permits, Buttle might be able to take his first Gold at Worlds. The Japanese men, Oda and Takahashi are also contenders.

Overall: Stephane Lambiel
It'll be between Lambiel and Joubert again, with Lysacek trying to keep up. While Lysacek is bound to take the gold someday, I feel Lambiel won't let go of his title so easily.

It is interesting you say Lysacek is bound to take gold someday, if he doesnt this year. I in fact feel for Lambiel, Joubert, Lysacek, and Buttle(although Buttle's odds are particularly slim to win)this year might be close to a last chance for gold at Worlds. Oda and Takahashi are younger and seem to be improving the fastest of all those guys right now and in coming years I think they will be very hard to beat. Plus the even younger up and comers from juniors that I expect to rise fast in the next few years.