Sasha's GotMilk ad | Golden Skate

Sasha's GotMilk ad

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Wow sorry, but I totally disagree. She looks wonderful. JMO I don't understand why her legs look so thin though???

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow sorry, but I totally disagree. She looks wonderful. JMO I don't understand why her legs look so thin though???

I agree Sean, she looks beautiful!!! I better start drinking milk!!!

Dee

CDMM1991

Medalist
WEll on her left leg the light is kind of strange so it looks thinner than it actually is if you look closely, her right leg looks more normal.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
She's wearing my favorite costume! :) *yay* :) Aw, she always looks pretty, but if she looks too thin is, because, she is. She's my favorite lady skater, but I can't overlook it.

MKFSfan

Medalist
I'm sure by now many of you have seen it, but I was pretty shocked noone has posted it! It probably invites too many bashing, but what the heck, here it is:

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2006/08/30/business/30adco.1.ready.html

While I think the theme is pretty cool with the backdrop and the dress, I could do without all the airbrushing. I don't mind the darker hair extensions, since it gives her a more alluring look, but the rest is just too much, and does not look like Sasha at all. Sasha's recent pictures from the Emmy's and earlier this season from other events, where MUCH healthier and prettier than this computer enhanced photoshopped mess. They apparently feel making Sasha even more waif-like, thinner faced and stick legs is a better image for "wholesomeness" and "healthy" for a milk campaign. I think it's a travesty, considering the low self-image and eating disorders that many teens face.

Here is, IMO, an healthy, beautiful Sasha picture to compare:
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/eve...g7BaMYA;_ylu=X3oDMTA5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I agree with your post MKFSfan. I had to really look at the photo to see if it
was really Sasha. I will be the first to say that Sasha is one of the most photogenic people out there, but imo this photo does her no justice. I wonder if she had final approval of it. Her Emmy photos were great, loved the dress
on her and Sasha has great legs.

MKFSfan

Medalist
I think in this photo, it looks like the Gilmore Girl actress more so than Sasha, and I have NEVER seen the resemblance between the two before, except the long forehead. Sasha has a fuller face, which has been aribrushed here.

dwiggin3

Final Flight
ewe...those legs. The face is not too bad...it looks longer than it really is and the hair is nice, but the legs....she shine is ugly and her calfs look terrible. This is NOT a picture that shouts "wholesome" at all!....much less heathy.

I find it actually scarry that Milk would even want Sasha - While there is nothing wrong with being petite - I don't think that her kind of petiteness is a healthy example. For instance, if you were going to choose a tall/taller athlete, you wouldn't choose a stick-thin, heroin-chic girl (Svetlana Khorkina, a retired Russian Gymnest comes to mind , you would choose one that is fit and has some curvs. Gabriell (sp) Reese comes to mind ]. If we were looking for a skater to fit the bill, Katarina Witt might work or perhaps Emily Hughes.

If you were going to show a petite healthy girl, Sasha would NOT be a healthy example. Too many ribs sticking out, muscle that when shown as defined, also shows a scary-thin body I would choose say, someone like BeBe for a figure skater and perhaps Carly Patterson when NOT training.

Just my opinion.....

Last edited:

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Her face looks fine (she should really find another hairstyle for skating because the bun look is singularly unflattering on her--soft looks make her look so less pinched.) The problem I'm having is the bizarre photoshoped lighting that's making her legs look detached from and out of proportion to her body, and the just generally unflattering pose. I get that they were going for the icy, 'edgy' look, but yeesh, it just screams "run through a computer." And the extensions look fake the way they were attached. Sasha looks great when her hair is loose and shoulder-length, not in a fake mullet.

However, that Emmy party dress? Whoa. Paging Sasha's stylist, WTF were you thinking?!?! Way to make SASHA COHEN look short bodied and dumpy. The girl is all graceful lines, why would you even THINK of using dumpy textured fabric in a blah neuteral that chops her up? (Beige on Eastern European skin?)Put that girl in jewel tones (see her burgundy LP dress with gold--most flattering thing she has EVER skated in, IMO) and ditch the sash that hacks her body at an angle, and get some nice, drapy/clingy fabrics. Sasha could wear silk charmeuse and get away with it because she doesn't have spare bumps to be unsightly under a fabric that really flows. She could rock the screen siren look with her face shape and a soft hairstyle.

learnin'

Rinkside
The ad makes Sasha look like she's in a X-box game, a realistic computer image. The other picture, the silver color of the dress is good, the length is not bad, the fabric and stial are not good for her. A silk jersy halter top, with a high neck line, would have been much better.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
The ad makes Sasha look like she's in a X-box game.

That's a good analogy. I think she looks beautiful but could do without the touchup. If you look on the left side of her right leg you notice how the ice does not stay consistent, there is a light trail of ice that seems to follow down her thigh rather then continue with the natural color going behind the leg. And how did her knees get so .....well... without wrinkles and color. I notice how the light is reflecting quite brightly off her inside of the right leg which also makes her look even thinner.

She does look pretty yet I think she did not need all the touchup and manipulation either - and that is a great outfit, one of her best IMO. But they did the same thing to Kristy, and MK. Oh well.

For as well as Sasha smiles on ice, you would think there would be more pics of her smiling.?????

If they get one with Tanith, they better not screw with that too. Oh, and when is Johnny's due?:agree: :laugh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
I posted a similar thread in the Cafe but I guess there are tons of people who only read the Edge.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I posted a similar thread in the Cafe but I guess there are tons of people who only read the Edge.

Whoo, I thought that I was just on page 2 of yours RD. The Cafe is more likely the appropriate spot for this anyway, not that it shouldn't be here,I just think (only my opininon) that you put it in the right spot RD:agree:

If people aren't reading there too, I think they're missing out sometimes - lots of fun sometimes.

MKFSfan

Medalist
Oh, sorry...I don't read the Cafe, and I figured since it is about a figure skater, and not some other celebrity, it went here. My apologies and maybe someone can merge this to the other thread?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Whoo, I thought that I was just on page 2 of yours RD. The Cafe is more likely the appropriate spot for this anyway, not that it shouldn't be here,I just think (only my opininon) that you put it in the right spot RD:agree:

If people aren't reading there too, I think they're missing out sometimes - lots of fun sometimes.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14083

This one seems to be more "popular", anyway- I don't think people saw mine earlier. But I do think the Cafe is better for a topic like this because it may involve a figure skater but has nothing to do with figure skating. JMO of course...it's ultimately up to the mods/admins how they want to handle these issues.

Last edited:
I lke it! They made Sasha look like like freaky elf-girl. :rock:

As for Michelle, it's OK except that her blue arm looks like it's attached to the front of her neck instead of her shoulder.

In contrast, that's the all-time cutest picture ever of Kristi. :love:

PS. OK, let me see if I can figure out how to work this "merge threads" thingy. Don't be surprised it the whole thread accidentally disappears. :)

Last edited: