Sasha's GotMilk ad | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sasha's GotMilk ad

John King

Final Flight
If you ask me,it's a preview of what Sasha might look like if she ever did an MTV video.:rock:

R.D.

Record Breaker
ok, looks like the two topics have been merged. (How do I know...I didn't title the thread the way it shows in the forum :scratch: )

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I agree Sean, she looks beautiful!!! I better start drinking milk!!!

Dee

Dee, ITA... I think Sasha looks cool in this picture... its very Laura Croft: Tomb Raider-ish but it adds an edge to an otherwise "pretty girls on ice" concept that has dominated the Got Milk ads featuring skaters. I'd say overall its a great promotion of both Sasha and the sport...

dwiggin3

Final Flight
I'm sure by now many of you have seen it, but I was pretty shocked noone has posted it! It probably invites too many bashing, but what the heck, here it is:

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2006/08/30/business/30adco.1.ready.html

While I think the theme is pretty cool with the backdrop and the dress, I could do without all the airbrushing. I don't mind the darker hair extensions, since it gives her a more alluring look, but the rest is just too much, and does not look like Sasha at all. Sasha's recent pictures from the Emmy's and earlier this season from other events, where MUCH healthier and prettier than this computer enhanced photoshopped mess. They apparently feel making Sasha even more waif-like, thinner faced and stick legs is a better image for "wholesomeness" and "healthy" for a milk campaign. I think it's a travesty, considering the low self-image and eating disorders that many teens face.

Here is, IMO, an healthy, beautiful Sasha picture to compare:
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/eve...g7BaMYA;_ylu=X3oDMTA5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

While she does look healthier in this pic, her hair looks messy and that dress is so short, she looks like she either should be skating or walking the street.

JMO
D

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
They probably are touched up as well, who's isn't??? but can't say these two ads are as badly touched up as Sasha's and make them look non-human:
Kristy: http://www.whymilk.com/ad_downloads/kristi_yamaguchi_l.jpg
Michelle: http://heatherw.com/mk/endorse/pics/gotmilk.jpg

I Like the Laura C comparison:agree: , but she is not as intimidating to goons with guns.:laugh: just haven fun.

Anyway - I agree with Kristy not being as touched up (just her skin tone "evening" and some softening on the edges of her eyes) and MK.... well, about the same with the same skin evening and eyes (likely some whitening to eyes too) with a lot of attention do eliminating her freckles / pimples / mini moles - people have different names for these so I never know what to call them. That bothers me because I like them. I really hope they wouldn't take Fumie's away from the side of her nose and the middle of he sternum, they are very nice looking on both ladies IMO.

The skin makes since, due to what they have done in the past with "airbrushing" (literal once) skin and now people have false expectations. I don't agree with doing it, but understand why.

orchid

On the Ice
The ad makes Sasha look like she's in a X-box game, a realistic computer image. The other picture, the silver color of the dress is good, the length is not bad, the fabric and stial are not good for her. A silk jersy halter top, with a high neck line, would have been much better.

Exactly right. as a computer image. Could it be that the pictures are intended to look like a computer image? To appeal to the gamers? Maybe a new game is in the works?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
IMO, I wouldn't say "too" thin - in reality but the pic I think are. Her legs in particular are very nice as is. I feel the same thought that there was no "need" to change her shape at all. The ice behind the right leg just kills me how pour that is edited. But as been pointed out, LOVE the outfit!

Kasey

Medalist
Ok, to the pic is "Nightmare before Christmas" freaky...but am I the only one :rofl: over the "Edge by Sasha" comment? She's standing on the freaking FLAT of her blade people!! (Not like Sasha's edges have ever been the part of her skating more highly praised). I think it's flipping hysterical!!

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Ok, to the pic is "Nightmare before Christmas" freaky...but am I the only one :rofl: over the "Edge by Sasha" comment? She's standing on the freaking FLAT of her blade people!! (Not like Sasha's edges have ever been the part of her skating more highly praised). I think it's flipping hysterical!!

ITA. its almost as funny as the watch ad "Sasha Cohen, never loses her edge." I was PML every time I saw it!

R.D.

Record Breaker
not any worse than the "Unstoppable" citizen watch ad. She stops herself every time! :rofl:

I'm surprised that Sasha's people would feature this negative article on Sasha's web site. If you read it carefully, it basically says that the ad campaign is a fraud.

"A number of doctors and nutrition experts challenge the ads' statements about milk's ability to help teenagers lose weight and build muscle.

"Barry M. Popkin, a professor of nutrition at the University of North Carolina, said the public would ignore the exact language of the ads, which says studies "suggest teens who choose" milk tend to be leaner.

"'They will quickly leap to the assumption that drinking more milk will get them to lose weight,' he said.

"Dr. David S. Ludwig, director of the obesity program at Children's Hospital Boston and an author of a report released in March on soda consumption among teenagers, said: 'The purpose of the campaign is clearly to sell product and not to inform the public. If the purpose were to inform the public, then positive, neutral and negative studies should be presented in a balanced way.'"