Sasha's GotMilk ad | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Sasha's GotMilk ad

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I'm surprised that Sasha's people would feature this negative article on Sasha's web site. If you read it carefully, it basically says that the ad campaign is a fraud.

"A number of doctors and nutrition experts challenge the ads' statements about milk's ability to help teenagers lose weight and build muscle.

"Barry M. Popkin, a professor of nutrition at the University of North Carolina, said the public would ignore the exact language of the ads, which says studies "suggest teens who choose" milk tend to be leaner.

"'They will quickly leap to the assumption that drinking more milk will get them to lose weight,' he said.

"Dr. David S. Ludwig, director of the obesity program at Children's Hospital Boston and an author of a report released in March on soda consumption among teenagers, said: 'The purpose of the campaign is clearly to sell product and not to inform the public. If the purpose were to inform the public, then positive, neutral and negative studies should be presented in a balanced way.'"

Why are you surprised it is advertising, they don't have to be truthful.
Bottom line is "show me the money".

I am not surprised about the advertising. I am surprised that Sasha would put that particular New York Times article on her web site.

She could have just put up the picture together with a story along the lines of, "Yay Sasha, you got a major national endorsement!" -- instead of an article that casts a negative light on the whole ad campaign.

PS. OT, I caught a favorable Sasha mention in Newsweek yesterday. In a story about head injuries and wearing helmets when playing sports, the author wrote, "...and if your daughter aspires to be the next Sasha Cohen,..."

I guess Sasha has become the best recognized U.S. figure skater and the appropriate symbol for the sport, in the opinion of this journalist.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
IIRC that's what they USED to do...spin everything into a "positive" light.

Fossi

Final Flight
I saw the photo in a magazine. Her hands look HUGE In relation to her other body parts in the photo. Poor Sasha. She should've vetoed this one.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
PS. OT, I caught a favorable Sasha mention in Newsweek yesterday. In a story about head injuries and wearing helmets when playing sports, the author wrote, "...and if your daughter aspires to be the next Sasha Cohen,..."
I guess this means SC is going to be the "poster child" for helmets now:rofl:
"Spending a lot of time with your head on the ice? Do what Sasha should have all these years - before it is too late. Helmets save brains!":laugh:

MKFSfan

Medalist
As posted over at MKF, here's a second screen capture of another GotMilk? ad:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/michiruwater/sasha/untitled.png

I think it's better than the other one, but too cortionist looking for me-you don't see the skating leg so her free leg hoisted above her head is just weird. I wish we would never see another beillmann...looking at this picture makes me think of all the ugly beillmanns out there.:sheesh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
hmm, that picture's definitely too small to tell. Even the "bad" one looks good if it's small enough.

Kasey

Medalist
I wish we would never see another beillmann...looking at this picture makes me think of all the ugly beillmanns out there.:sheesh:

Agreed. Sasha's B-mann is not her most flattering position. If you can't do it like B-mann or Ruh, for gosh sake's, don't do it in an ad campaign!

Of course, the I-spin might make for the first PG-13 milk ad! ;)

John King

Final Flight
(Sung to the tune of "Bette Davis Eyes")

<deleted by poster>

Last edited by a moderator:

R.D.

Record Breaker
[QUOTED COMMENT REMOVED]

Is it just me or is this just...:confused: umm, WEIRD?? DISTURBING??

Last edited:

IDLERACER

Medalist
Of all the parodies of that song I've heard over the years ("Jimmy Durante Nose," "Martha Rae Mouth" etc.) that is definitely the weirdest.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Personally I think that the milk ads with moustaches are not a good idea at all. No-one appearing in the ad looks good and the moustaches are spoiling photos which otherwise would be greatlooking.

Last edited:

kittyjake5

On the Ice
I know that this is a pubic forum and people have the right to state
their opinions on a subject matter, but this little song about Sasha
is crass. What input are you trying to make? If it is a joke IMO
it is in poor taste.

Last edited by a moderator:

John King

Final Flight
My apologies....

I deleted the origional post,and am sorry for my bad taste in parody.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
As posted over at MKF, here's a second screen capture of another GotMilk? ad:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/michiruwater/sasha/untitled.png

I think it's better than the other one, but too cortionist looking for me-you don't see the skating leg so her free leg hoisted above her head is just weird. I wish we would never see another beillmann...looking at this picture makes me think of all the ugly beillmanns out there.:sheesh:

I MUCH prefer the icy elf version to this one... so not a good look... :disapp:

orchid

On the Ice
Is it just me or is this just...:confused: umm, WEIRD?? DISTURBING??

Yep it is

Dem ribs ! Dem Ribs !
Rib bones are no match to a meaty 6-pack. This girl is too thin for photos.

I believe she has no yes/no for photo publication. Buuuut, if she does, she does not see herself as others do. Now, what does that mean.......

Orchid, Red Dog's comments were about the parody poem that was posted, not about Sasha's picture. The poem was deleted by the poster, and I then deleted the quoted references in the subsequent posts.

Eeyora

Final Flight
Are you sure the first picture isn't an upcoming statue in Madame Tussead's Wax Museum?