Cto de Aranjuez in Movie "Brassed Off" | Golden Skate

Cto de Aranjuez in Movie "Brassed Off"

R

rgirl181

Cto de Aranjuez in Movie "Brassed Off"

For those of you who get the Independent Film Channel on cable, it is showing a film, "Brassed Off," this month that features a lovely and different musical interpretation of Concerto de Aranjuez as played by a coal mining brass band with the solo instrument being the flugle. Certainly not everyone's taste, lol, but I've always found it beautiful and I think the movie is a charming "little" feature. One of Ewen MacGregor's early roles and a great performance by Pete Postelthwaite. Check local listings or IFCTV.com.
Rgirl

W

WindSpirit5

Re: Cto de Aranjuez in Movie "Brassed Off"

I've seen the movie, but years ago, and I don't remember what they played. But I have a question, though, about IFC. On my last bill there was this <span style="font-size:xx-small;">little text</span> that said that my cable company is going to drop IFC and Sundance channels very soon. I was quite upset by that information, and I just want to know if that's just my company? I'm going to write them a letter, I don't want to lose those channels. :(

R

rgirl181

Re: Cto de Aranjuez in Movie "Brassed Off"

Bummer, Windspirit. I was considering moving back to Phoenix, AZ in late '99 and did a trial move there from Oct. '99 to Aug. '00. Besides the insane heat and other things, the Phoenix metropolitan area cable channel dropped IFC. I was outta there. IFC and Sundance may not be the most popular channels in most areas (I think if they tried dropping IFC in NYC, there would be a riot), but the 10-15% of viewers who watch them are intensely loyal. Why does your cable company have to drop both? Why not leave either IFC or Sundance so people can at least have some opportunity to see nonmainstream films? Good luck!
Rgirl