New Asada sisters articles | Golden Skate

New Asada sisters articles

Two new articles are up in English on the Japan Skates site:

http://www.japanskates.com/

Click on "Interview with lots of pics" and "Mao, Mai, Miki set for Campbells."

Excerpts: "Mao was 154cm last year but she grew 8cm in one year and now she is same height as her sister Mai."

"United Airlines announced on the 28th that United and the sisters have made a contract for partnership. United Airlines will provide business class seats for the sisters and support their activity."

(It doesn't say how much money is involved in United's "support," but the upgrade is nice. :) )

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the article. I guess it is official Arturian will be the Asada sisters new coach.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
8 cm (~3") in one year - that's huge. Let's see how she will adapt to her new height.

Coach

Rinkside
What has, over-ratted, Rafael Artuerian produced... Michelle Kwan was on on a downslide when he started working with her... and as for Jeff Buttle, he was on an upswing with his full-time coach Lee Barkell.

R.D.

Record Breaker
That height gain for Asada is going to be real interesting. Will that slow her down? mess up her jumps? Or will it make her more determined?

riverflows

Rinkside
Wow, I really hope Mao's body-type is like Fumie's, so she can keep on doing her jumps for a few more years. I'll try not to make assumptions about her growth-spurt until I see her at Campbells.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Have no idea what you're talking about. You mean the one in May?

MKFSfan

Medalist
Yes-Mao supposedly was dealing with her growth spurt prior to the May event, like Nationals-Jr. Worlds, and at the Japanese Cheesefest, she did a great job. I saw the clip of the Cheesefest, I forget where, and it was obvious she had grown quite a bit since GPF.

R.D.

Record Breaker
That was only one pro-am event. Pro-ams don't matter. We'll see during the GP, and especially Japanese Nats and Worlds. If she can keep it up though she can really challenge for 2007 world champion.

heyang

Record Breaker
Business class seats are sooooo much more pricey than coach and worthwhile if you can afford it when travelling internationally - especially if you're not paying for them.

I haven't gotten lucky enough to get bumped up. My brother got bumped to 1st class enroute to London from NYC.

Wow, Heyang. This is some major thread drift.

(But since you bring it up, my bf is always using FF miles to jump up to 1st class on his business trips. I have never flown 1st class in my whole life and I'm getting tired of hearing him rave about how great it is. Anyone ever see that Seinfeld episode where Jerry is in 1st and Elaine is in coach?)

Now back to Mao, I don't see why a cheesefest isn't adequate to show she still has her jumps. Didn't she inspire this forum (Mathman, if I'm not mistaken) to suggest that she could beat the guys?

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
What has, over-ratted, Rafael Artuerian produced... Michelle Kwan was on on a downslide when he started working with her... and as for Jeff Buttle, he was on an upswing with his full-time coach Lee Barkell.
Alexander Abt

Now back to Mao, I don't see why a cheesefest isn't adequate to show she still has her jumps. Didn't she inspire this forum (Mathman, if I'm not mistaken) to suggest that she could beat the guys?
Yeah, she totally crushed Yagudin and Honda in the Japan Open! :rock: :)