Norway-entries | Golden Skate

Norway-entries

Sylvia

Record Breaker
There's a second page of ladies (ISU roster is alphabetical by country), and the 2 USA ladies for Oslo, as confirmed by the USFS Assignments page on 9/7, are Megan Hyatt (silver in Courcheval) and Juliana Cannarozzo (gold in Budapest).

Sylvia

Record Breaker
have you noticed Indian male skater there?!? :)
I actually know him! :) Amar Mehta is the younger brother of Ami Parekh, and both are scheduled to make their international debut for India in Oslo. We all belonged to the same U.S. skating club years ago and they are really nice, bright people and accomplished skaters. The last time I saw Ami compete was in April 2005 -- she has very good basic skating skills and flow over the ice, beautiful spins, and I know she has been working hard to improve her double axel and triples. I wish Ami and Amar all the best in their JGP debut later this month!

Both Juliana Cannarozzo and Megan Hyatt can sew up a spot in the GP final with a strong showing here. They are currently ranked number 4 and number 5 in GP points total, ahead of quite a few skaters who have already skated both of their events.

There is lots of skating left, but it is conceivable that USA will get 4 of the 6 spots in the final. (USA is the new Japan, LOL.)

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Juliana and Megan will have to get past Akiko Kitamura, who has made the JGP Final every year for the past 3 seasons.

Nigel

On the Ice
Juliana and Megan will have to get past Akiko Kitamura, who has made the JGP Final every year for the past 3 seasons.

Kitamura has a great deal of international competition experience including the above mentioned JGP events and she competed at the 2006 Four Continents Championships with a ninth place finish overall (132.04 pts total with an 11th place in the SP and 8th in the FS). Not sure what her point totals were last yr in the JGPF.

thanks sylvia for the data search!

Last edited:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Kitamura has a great deal of international competition experience including the above mentioned JGP events and she competed at the 2006 Four Continents Championships with a ninth place finish overall (132.04 pts total with an 11th place in the SP and 8th in the FS). Not sure what her point totals were last yr in teh JGPF.
Kitamura scored 111.86 points for 8th/last place in the JGP Final last year (45.93/5th in SP + 65.93/8th in FS). Her personal best score is 132.86 (last year's Montreal JGP which she won).