Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Iced Energy Review Nottingham NIC VERY LONG!

Hi, Helenjoy. Thanks for joining us!

Mathman

Quote Originally Posted by helenjoy27uk View Post
    i was just about to post the link and saw you had done it for me THANK YOU! All the piccys are up now.
    I'm pretty quick LOL! The latest pics you've put up, especially of the Kerrs, are absolutely stunning! THANK YOU for sharing your pics with us!
    Glad you enjoyed the show.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchLady View Post
    Thank you for this very detailed and interesting review, antmanb

The music of this number is "The Blower's Daughter" by Damien Rice. I hope you won't mind this comment, but is it possible you made a mistake talking about Jamie and David's mirroring outside spread eagles? When I saw this program last year, there were mirroring inside Ina Bauers just before the throw. Well at least I think that's the good name for the moves, but I'm not totally sure . But gorgeous moves for sure, especially since Jamie and David then go very fluidly into a beautiful throw.

I'm really happy for you that you had such a great time at the show.

Oh and I also want to say that I found your general comments about B/S and S/P very moving. I think we were priviliged to be skating fans in the years they were both eligibles. In North America we also had the privilege to be able to see both teams skate professionnally. A real treat!
    Its quite possible that i completely mixed the first and second program up in my mind!!

I do remember one of the programs opening with them both skating in from the skaters entrance apart and doing mirroring edges down the outside of the rink then both (though i may have assumed both because i was watching David) do outside spread eagles round the short end of the rink in a big circle. The throw jump didn't come til they were back at the other end of the rink again...

Actually now i try to recall all the detail maybe th outside spread eagles were just in the final ensemble solo spot?? How useless the human memory can be some times!!

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    That programme is called "Too Darn Hot" and choreographed by Patricia Wilcox. It has not been shown on US TV yet, Ilia has performed to it in a couple of shows though. It was performed the first time in 2005 SOI Antwerp, and it is still a developing project, so to speak, LOL. It has been very popular programme for the audiences everywhere. It is a pro programme and created to be entertaining, so one can hardly expect it to follow the rules of eligible skating and even less the CoP-system today.
    I didn't mean to comapre Kulik to the elligible skaters at all i just found myself very dissappointed with the actual skating in his programs. I had never been a huge Kulik fan until i saw him live three years ago. This time around his programs were quite empty of skating and more posing in the middle which i found disappointing because i know that he can skate amazingly well. I was also hoping to see that incredible speeed and flow he can skate with, but because he spent so long posing in one place he never realyl let rip. I'd like to see him plkay with the prgrams more and do more skating in it.

Ant

I've only seen a video of Too Darn Hot, I wasn't there live, but I found it a very entertaining routine, which interpreted the great music really well. I wouldn't call it "posing in the middle" as he did alot with his feet, there were alot of intricate steps, and he was "dancing" to the music on the ice.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I should imagine the non-skating members of the audience would've appreciated it too. Ilia had years of the kind of skating you described, that you expected to see, and he's going off in new directions, expanding his repetoire, like every Pro skater, and artist should.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2