Campbell's -- and the winner is... | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Campbell's -- and the winner is...

I presume the judges will be international and are well versed in the CoP. However, I can imagine the USFS, at Campbells expense, giving the int'l judges excellent accommodations and meals while in Cleveland or is it Cincinatti.

The judges will show their appreciation by giving any US skater the benefit of any doubts. again, however, if the judges are paying their own way for this, then no benefits.

Just my cynical opinion.:cool:

Joe

Okami

On the Ice
Perhaps it will be of some interest to you... :)

I just saw a few clips of Mai Asada's new SP and LP at 2006 Chubu Regionals. She looked good. She has a lovely layback.
She seemed a bit nervous in her SP and popped a jump - because of that, she lost the SP to Yoshie Onda. However, after the SP Yoshie said that she thinks Mai has changed and her skating improved while she was training in USA.
Apparently that gave Mai a boost of confidence and she won the LP. She was second overall - sadly, she lost too much points on that popped jump.

Scores:
Mai Asada:
SP: 55.68
LP: 103.96
Overall: 159.64

Yoshie Onda:
SP: 60.12
LP: 100.36
Overall: 160.48

I'll keep my eye open for Oda, who is going to compete in Kinki Championships (which starts tomorrow).

Cool. I've only seen two vids of Mai - one was very juniorish and not impressive, but the other one, from last year or this (sorry, don't recall) was lovely. She's lyrical, not bravado (to use Pepe's terminology :) ) but hit all her jumps very nicely. Her brilliant kid sister must be quite the training partner.

kareliz

Rinkside
Could someone please post when this event is going to be telvised in the US, eastern time? I am assuming it's ABC but correct me if I am wrong. Heather hasn't updated her TV schedule and I don't want to miss this event. Thanks!!!

riverflows

Rinkside
In Eastern time, I believe it's at 1pm-3pm, October 15 on ABC. The USFSA has it listed in their official site.