Figure Skating on ESPN Classic | Golden Skate

Figure Skating on ESPN Classic

R.D.

Record Breaker
I was just about to post this. Anyway, it's basically a highlight of great FS moments from 1988 to the present time. Mainly Worlds highlights. 7 hours of skating to be exact.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't have ESPN classic, darn!!

Dee

Sk8Gr808

Rinkside
So, you can only get ESPN Classic through Dish? And not cable? Sorry, I'm really looking forward to this event. I wasn't even alive for the 88 Nationals :love:

R.D.

Record Breaker
same here. I think it comes with Comcast Basic Cable here in the NE/Mid Atlantic states. In Houston we never got Classic until shortly before we moved.

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Likewise here in Visalia, (Central) CA. I have it with my Comcast cable subscription as well.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Comcast is in California as well? I actually never heard of comcast down in Houston until we are about to move up here. I thought it was only an East Coast company.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
So, you can only get ESPN Classic through Dish? And not cable? Sorry, I'm really looking forward to this event. I wasn't even alive for the 88 Nationals :love:

Before we had the dish I did get ESPN Classic on my digital cable. But if it doesn' come with your package, its available via the dish... which I love.

Yeah, why didn't they inlcude her short program from Torino?

Welcome to Golden Skate, Hyoo.! :agree:

MKFSfan

Medalist
Since it doesn't look like they are including any Olympic Games:

~I'm surprised they don't have Sasha from Worlds 2004 SP, or Nationals 2006!!

~How can they skip Michelle's 1998 Nationals or 2003 Worlds/Nationals??? Or 2005 Nationals for tying a long standing record?

Kind of an eclectic selection. For 2006 Nationals they are featuring third place finisher Emily Hughes instead of winner Sasha. Also, I guess they figure we North Americans would be more interested in silver medalists Dubreuil and Lauzon than world champions Denkova and Staviski.

Plenty of Lysacek, though!

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
I doubt that the skaters mentioned are going to be the only ones shown -- for '97 worlds, for example, they only mention Tara, but it is going to be for an hour, so I assume they will show more (MK's Taj, maybe? or Elvis's win?) I know that skating events have too many commercials and too much fluff but only one skater in an hour -- I don't think they'd be that bad.

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
Since it doesn't look like they are including any Olympic Games:

Yes, I would assume that since NBC owns the rights to the most recent few Olys, ESPN (owned by ABC) would not be able to show them.

I get ESPN classic with my Basic Time Warner Cable. I am thrilled!

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I sure hope that they will include at least Kulik´s short programme from 1996 Worlds as it was the winner. His sp and freeskate from that season were the reason why he was so prominently featured in US Dance magazine early 1997.

Last edited: