A beautiful tribute to Sasha montage | Page 2 | Golden Skate

A beautiful tribute to Sasha montage

76olympics

On the Ice
Actually, I really love montages. I could watch them all day. Obviously, some are better than others. But- you have to imagine that people are drawn to skaters for different reasons and see different things in them. Hence, the range of music choices and the change in focus. I like all of those shown here though I am not a Sashafan in the strictest sense.

Do you think some baaaad person would do a montage of falls of one particular skater and in different costumes?

Joe

MKFSfan

Medalist
Lanie, what do you mean by "duel" and having your music picked for you? Was it an Angela competition, or did you get the music and figure it would be a perfect way to honor Angela?

I, too, love watching montages! It doens't matter who the skater or gymnast is, I get a kick out of them.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Do you think some baaaad person would do a montage of falls of one particular skater and in different costumes?

Already been done...not too long ago I watched a video on YouTube titled something like "the 35 mistakes of Sasha Cohen". It was an edited clip of 35 slip-ups that she's made throughout her career (stumbles, falls, etc.). Included is that "slip" at Marshall's that had everyone debating whether it was a fall or part of the routine.

Already been done...not too long ago I watched a video on YouTube titled something like "the 35 mistakes of Sasha Cohen". It was an edited clip of 35 slip-ups that she's made throughout her career (stumbles, falls, etc.). Included is that "slip" at Marshall's that had everyone debating whether it was a fall or part of the routine.
Well, I think that is in bad taste.

Joe

Lanie

On the Ice
Lanie, what do you mean by "duel" and having your music picked for you? Was it an Angela competition, or did you get the music and figure it would be a perfect way to honor Angela?

I, too, love watching montages! It doens't matter who the skater or gymnast is, I get a kick out of them.

This was for a montage duel, myself versus a friend, on figure skating vids forum. :) She picked the music for me and I picked the music for her, and within 2 minutes we had to use it and pick a skater to do a montage about and all that. :)

dancindiva03

Match Penalty

LMFAO I saw that, and I believe it was called, "35 PITIFUL mistakes by Sasha Cohen." Mean, yes, but still funny. And really, the creator was being kind by only using 35 of her mistakes, she's had a lot more really wacky ones that could have gone in there!I'm not talking about her falls on jumps, everyone falls on those obviously, but on footwork, spins, and even simple stroking. If I had any kind of movie maker, I'd put one together.

R.D.

Record Breaker
You can change that to 45 if you add this past season to the equation.

I have to admit, I did get a chuckle out of it as well. Just the way it was put together, you know. OK, don't kill me now.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lanie, did you save the original of your wonderful montages?? I am not a big fan of You Tube because of the lack of clarity, although I did watch them. The reason I ask is if you saved them could you post the originals, please. If you can't that's ok too. You did a wonderful job.

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
One doesn't have to be proficient in something to see the fault in it. I mean, look at figure skating judges. They can judge whether a move was done well or not and assign GOEs and all that, doesn't mean that they can go out there and do it any better.
Are you just plain dense or just ignorant?? You missed the point entirely. Your negative comments were about the work a person did making a montage. And you are not a very good judge of anything if you didn't get the message. You know it gets really tiring, boring and monotonous when all you do is make negative comments ALL OF THE TIME!! I don't know how old you and Red Dog are but you comment like your about 80-90 years old. Older people sometimes tend to be negative about everything. You both seem like such unhappy people. My first reaction was to get angry about the whole situation but now I just pity you!!

Dee

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Are you just plain dense or just ignorant?? You missed the point entirely. Your negative comments were about the work a person did making a montage. And you are not a very good judge of anything if you didn't get the message. You know it gets really tiring, boring and monotonous when all you do is make negative comments ALL OF THE TIME!! I don't know how old you and Red Dog are but you comment like your about 80-90 years old. Older people sometimes tend to be negative about everything. You both seem like such unhappy people. My first reaction was to get angry about the whole situation but now I just pity you!!

Dee

You must not have read my post because I didn't just make negative comments. I said the clips and the editing were nice, but that the song didn't quite fit. I'm a fine judge of many things, you just don't agree with me which I can accept but obviously you cannot. As for my age, its none of you business you oversensitive snot but I'm nowhere near as old as you assume.

castmembersonly

Rinkside

Dee

Wow!! When did age become the yardstick for negative thinking. That's one stereotype that should be tossed in the crapper!! Along with a gripload of other ignorant assumptions about anyone "over the #$^% hill". At least get there before you make a comment like that!

R.D.

Record Breaker

Dee

I'm not sure if this is being directed at me too but YNW, it really doesn't matter at this point. If the above post IS indeed directed at me as well, you missed my point too. I said that I'm typically not a fan of montages IN GENERAL. I have nothing against people who make these things, because there are lots of other people out there that like them. And being an editor of videos myself, I KNOW how much work it takes to do these types of things.

Sorry about any potential confusion...and if the above post is not directed at me, ignore everything in this post.

Last edited:

Lanie

On the Ice
Lanie, did you save the original of your wonderful montages?? I am not a big fan of You Tube because of the lack of clarity, although I did watch them. The reason I ask is if you saved them could you post the originals, please. If you can't that's ok too. You did a wonderful job.

Dee

I'd be more than happy to! :) Let me get to it ,then I'll post the links in this thread.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh Lanie, thanks so much for posting the originals. They are so much clearer than You Tube. I agree with Math, the Angela one gives me goosebumps. Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Dee