Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

0 Not allowed!

Middle Atlantics

For Newyorkers and vicinity who may be interested:

http://www.thescny.org/

Joe

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    I'm planning to go on Sat. night for novice and senior ladies. I'm excited!

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!
    Senior Men registered to compete are: Geoffry Varner (2006 U.S. Nationals junior men's/Junior GP Final bronze medalist and scheduled for NHK Trophy in Japan) and David Weintraub (previously competed as a junior & novice at Nationals).

Senior Ladies: The two main contendors appear to be Christine Zukowski (6th in her senior debut at 2006 Nationals and also the current World Junior bronze medalist; she's being monitored here and is scheduled to debut on the Sr. GP in France and Japan) and Ashley Wagner (gold medal in the Courchevel JGP last month; not sure if she has tested up to senior or is just trying the waters here). Others who have had good results so far this season include: Taylor Firth, Chloe Katz, Jamie Kim, Jessica Martino. Past Nationals competitors are Suzanne McDonald (2004 as a senior) and Krissa Miller (2003 as a senior).

Junior Ladies include: Jane Ruan, Kaela Pflumm (also a JGP pair skater), Tamar Katz (competes internationally for ISR);
    Junior Men: Adam Rippon, Daniel Raad, Jeremy Anderson (3 past Nationals competitors in junior and/or novice);
    Novice Men: Zachary DeWulf (2006 Novice Nationals competitor), Alexander Aiken (2006 Intermediate silver medalist);
    Novice Ladies: Kristine Musademba (2006 U.S. Intermediate champ) and Ksenia Makarova ('06 North Atlantic Regional Intermediate champ).

0 Not allowed!
    I think Daria Grinkov is scheduled for Intermediate Ladies.

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!
    There are other children of famous/successful skaters scheduled to compete at Mid-Atlantics as well.
    Novice Ladies:
    Ksenia Makarova ('06 North Atlantic Regional Intermediate champ).
    FYI, Makarova is the daughter of Oleg Makarov & Larissa Selezneva, the 1984 Olympic bronze medalists in pairs from the Soviet Union -- see: http://www.pairsonice.net/profileview.php?pid=61

Also competing:
    Artour Dmitriev, Jr. (Intermediate Men) and Victoria Petrenko (Preliminary Ladies), daughter of Viktor and Nina Petrenko (Nina choreographed Julia Sebestyen's 2006-07 programs, among others).

Just heard that Emily Hughes is reportedly a last-minute entry in Senior Ladies.

Down With It

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Just heard that Emily Hughes is reportedly a last-minute entry in Senior Ladies.
    I thought she didn't need to compete in regional events as a national medalist?

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe she's just getting herself in gear for the season.

Anyway, lucky me! I'm even more excited!

Banned

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    I thought she didn't need to compete in regional events as a national medalist?
    Mid-Atlantics is not a qualifying competition.

Down With It

0 Not allowed!
    oh, ok. what is it then? Just some random "fluff" regional event or something?
    Last edited by R.D.; 09-15-2006 at 07:31 PM.