Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rochette skates to Jimi Hendrix for her new SP

Rochette skates to Jimi Hendrix for her new SP

http://www.joannierochette.com/journal.htm

Updated yesterday to describe her new short program, set to the music of "Little Wing" by Jimi Hendrix.

Shoe Diva
    FINALLY!!!! I"ve been waiting for someone to skate to Jimi...

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    And Joannie is a skater who can carry it off. She put together a great program last year to a "singing 70s strings" version of Madonna's "Like A Prayer", and I can see her putting together a great one to this as well. And I can't WAIT to see the costume....

I'll miss David. Who is Sandra?

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I'll miss David. Who is Sandra?
    Sandra Bezic

Down With It
    Like how candid she is in her entries. Definitely stepping outside of the box on this one and let's see how it works for her...I find it real interesting how she talks in-depth about how she wants to portray the music because when I see her I don't think lyrical, I think strong.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Personally I find Joannie very lyrical - one of the most lyrical, actually. But she IS at the same time very strong and powerful, just like how her body appears to be. I think she combines power and grace very beautifully. The programs this year definitely sound very interesting. She and her team seem to have put in a lot of thought and effort. I hope they won't be a let-down

Custom Title
    Sounds like a lot of fun.

Canadians...... first the bobsled team is "listening" to the Grateful Dead during the events, now this. It's a Maple leaf people!!!!
    JUST KIDDING!!!!

I love it! Little Wing is a timeless piece IMO. I do however agree with a different post that she appears more to be a "strong" skater opposed to "lyrical" (here we go with the "bravada / lyrical" again She is a neat girl with powerful beauty (much like Jimmy's style IMO) and I look forward to seeing this.

And I too am very curious about the costume.

Custom Title
    Can someone tell me a link where I can hear this music???

Quote Originally Posted by chania36 View Post
    Can someone tell me a link where I can hear this music???
    Little Wing????
    Most "music sites" should give you a taste at least, the problem is which "instrumental version" will she use.

Try Archive, it is free from the artist wishes. iTunes will have it but it will be .99 at least. BTW, I always liked Bob Dylan's version better for some reson.

Also that is a sad song about Jimmy's mom dieing - heavy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyCoop View Post
    And Joannie is a skater who can carry it off. She put together a great program last year to a "singing 70s strings" version of Madonna's "Like A Prayer", and I can see her putting together a great one to this as well. And I can't WAIT to see the costume....
    I thought that version of Madonna's Like a Prayer was horrendous it sounded like really bad lift music!

Ant

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaniBu View Post
    Canadians...... first the bobsled team is "listening" to the Grateful Dead during the events, now this. It's a Maple leaf people!!!!
    JUST KIDDING!!!!

I love it! Little Wing is a timeless piece IMO. I do however agree with a different post that she appears more to be a "strong" skater opposed to "lyrical" (here we go with the "bravada / lyrical" again She is a neat girl with powerful beauty (much like Jimmy's style IMO) and I look forward to seeing this.

And I too am very curious about the costume.
    Seani,

I totally agree with you... She's never struck me as a lyrical skater... to the point where I wonder why she skates to "pretty little musical pieces." Little Wing will give her a lot to work with and show off that strong skating that she has in spades... plus it will work to seperate her from the baby ballarinas/jumping beans set to take center stage next year... I'm also loving her choice to work with Sandra... Sounds like she's got a great plan in place for the coming season.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by CDMM1991 View Post
    http://www.joannierochette.com/journal.htm

Updated yesterday to describe her new short program, set to the music of "Little Wing" by Jimi Hendrix.
    Wow! What a fabulous choice. Hopefully this will help her stand out from the rest of the field and make the judges sit up and take notice. I thought Sandra Bezic had retired?

Hi, Vintagefigureskater, thanks for joining in and welcome to the forum. I see you have been registered for some time -- hope to see you posting!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast