Results | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Results

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think the judges are doing her a great disservice, pumping up her scores so high. I hope she doesn't let it go to her head, or put too much pressure on her in the future.

Pumping up her scores? You didn't see her performance, dancingdiva, so how can you say her scores were 'pumped up'?

Here is the content of her program [shows GOE by the judges]:

3Z+2T+2L [+0.67]
2A [+1.00]
3F [+0.33]
Flying camel spin level1 [0.00]
3L [+0.83]
3Z [+0.33]
Spiral step sequence level1 [+0.5]
3F+1T [-0.50]
Straight line step sequence level2 [0.00]
3T+2T [0.00]
Layback spin level2 [+0.58]
Combination spin level4 [+1.08]

She landed 6 clean triple jumps, all completely rotated, and two clean combinations. She certainly deserved her technical mark, 57.44.

Her PCS scores were not out of line either, most in the upper 5s.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
From what I saw of her SP from a YouTube clip, upper fives are appropriate PCS for interpretation and choreography, and with those TES, performance and execution.

floskate

On the Ice
I think the judges are doing her a great disservice, pumping up her scores so high. I hope she doesn't let it go to her head, or put too much pressure on her in the future.

She's getting the scores she deserves. What would you rather? That she was robbed for a couple of years so there's a better chance she stays modest? :rolleye:

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Why all of you are paying attention just on Caroline? I mean, yeah that schore is so high, but...
I'm impressed by Sonia, spanish skater. You go girl :clap:

Nigel

On the Ice
From what I saw of her SP from a YouTube clip, upper fives are appropriate PCS for interpretation and choreography, and with those TES, performance and execution.

Her combo spin at the end of the program was the only element to have a level 4. She rec'd two level 1's and 2 level 2's. Not sure if she doesn't hold her rotations long enough in her spins, doesn't get change of edge.....???
Good performance though.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At Golden West, Caroline's combination spin was only level3. She upgraded that, to level4, but her other non-jump elements were rated lower. Her Flying Camel spin when from level2 to level1, and her spiral sequence from level3 to level1. I am sure she will work on bringing those levels back up for her Taipei event.