Alissa Czisny's journal updated 9/5 | Golden Skate

Alissa Czisny's journal updated 9/5

R.D.

Record Breaker
cause apparently no one cares about her. Thanks for the heads up :agree: nice of her to bring us up to speed about how she spent her summer.

CDMM1991

Medalist
I worry about her training a triple axel when she can barely do a nice double. Maybe it will pay off in the end though, who knows, if training the triple is impacting her double, which is sometimes the case, then she might suffer in the short program for it.

Skye

On the Ice
Is she serious about training the triple-Axel?
I suppose that means that she's got the double-Axel under her belt now - well, I hope.

Skye

On the Ice
Skaters do improve and why not.

Let's hope so, cause last season she had everything but the jumps. I just find it underwhelming that she's been working on the triple-Axel in the summer and yet was reported to have landed only 2 or 3 clean triples at the DuPage Open in August.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Just because she's working on it doesn't mean it will end up at a competition near you. Besides, good for her for trying to move forward. I think she peaked last year during SA/SC...she seemed to have trouble on jumps before and after that period. I see no reason why she would suddenly become this powerhouse jumper that I bet everyone wants her to be.

euterpe

Medalist
Alissa's journal talks about the problems she had with her skates after SC last season. She said the blades weren't lined up correctly and that made everything difficult. She has been breaking in new skates and it seems the problem has been solved.

I find it ludicrous to read statements where some fans refuse to believe that skaters improve, particularly if they themselves have never skated.

There's always a wait and see in a new season.

Will Alissa land her jumps?
Will Sasha not fall in the LP?
Will Kimmie develop presentation?

Will someone give the skater a break?

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
We'll see at SC this November, it seems. Don't let that tidbit get your expectations up, though.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I find it ludicrous to read statements where some fans refuse to believe that skaters improve, particularly if they themselves have never skated.

There's always a wait and see in a new season.

Will Alissa land her jumps?
Will Sasha not fall in the LP?
Will Kimmie develop presentation?

Will someone give the skater a break?

Joe

The 1st and 3rd questions are fair game. That just leads to what everyone knows and that is that nothing is ever a done deal in skating (except maybe the judging).