Vacation Bible School -- HELP! | Golden Skate

Vacation Bible School -- HELP!

• Thread starter HamiltonBrowningFan
  • Start date
H

HamiltonBrowningFan

Vacation Bible School -- HELP!

this year's theme totally sucks... "Kingdom Capers" just happens to take place in Great Britain! :rolleyes: how am I supposed to decorate for that???? I have 4 year olds... so I thought Sherlock Holmes would be cool as that means cool hats and magnifying glasses... but other than putting a trail of footprints around the room I have absolutely no idea where to go from there...

any suggestions?????

M

mathman444

Re: Vacation Bible School -- HELP!

For decorations you could make some British flags, or bunting that suggests them. This is easy, cheep, and you can decorate a whole room with just some blue cloth with Union Jack crosses on it.

For the Sherlock Holmes theme, maybe you could organize some mystery games for the children. Like a treasure hunt. You could get some big Bible pictures on cardboard, cut them into maybe three pieces, then the kids would have to find the pieces and assemble the pictures like a jigsaw puzzle.

Or you could have a big Noah's Ark, and hide the animals, maybe with clues to help the children find them. Then they have to find a match for their animal and bring it to the ark. You could divide the children into teams, like the elephant team, the giraff team, etc. Make sure that you have enough prizes for every child to win one. If you did that, you could decorate with a big rainbow! Praise Him with great praise!

OK, wait now, I'm on a roll. You could dress up as the Hound of the Baskervilles, and have some kind of tag game where the children are little Sherlock Holmeses and try to catch you. :lol:

Mathman

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

Re: Vacation Bible School -- HELP!

:lol: I love the last idea

I think we've got everything just about covered now... took us all day yesterday and today :lol: but I'll have pics of the outcome by tomorrow afternoon on the web... so *cross fingers* it starts tomorrow! :eek: