My DisneyLand Experience | Golden Skate

My DisneyLand Experience

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
How different 15 years makes! Everything seemed so much smaller, especially the castle. Granted Sleeping Beauty's castle isn't as tall as Cinderella's anyway, but I just felt more like an 'adult' at DL than I ever have at WDW (Walt Disney World). But my best friend and I still had a blast.

We got up early on August 31st, planning to be at the park by the time - or really before - it opened at 9. We made it in plenty of time to make it there, but there was a slight hitch. The directions from where we were staying to the park was wrong. Mind you we got the directions from http://www.disneyland.com so it took us a long time to not trust those instructions. We figured we missed a turn or something. So after about 45 minutes of driving in circles we stopped in at a Marriot Courtyard. Asking them was like asking a rock. They had no idea how to get to DisneyLand. They sit about 10 minutes away from the park and they don't even flipping know? How are they even working there? LOL!

We finally figured it out by going into a gas station and asking. When all else fails, find a gas station, right? and we were on our way! Got there an hour after opening, but didn't have a long wait at all. It was surprisingly uncrowded (is that a word?) and it wasn't long before we made it into the park.

First thing on our agenda was getting breakfast. We were STARVING. We ended up getting Mickey waffles, just like I had when I was 5. After breakfast we hit the park 'running' heading to the Tiki Room... and from there it was just go go go! It was a blast. It wasn't like what I'd remembered, but that was a great thing. Reliving Disneyland was just so cool. I really wish we'd had more time... but all in all it was well worth the 7 hour drive down.

so here are some of my photos... if you're bored enough to want to see lol

normal_IMG_7425.jpg

normal_IMG_7430.jpg

normal_IMG_7442.jpg

Doesn't he look like Smee from Steven Spielberg's Hook??? LOL

normal_IMG_7445.jpg

normal_IMG_7451.jpg

normal_IMG_7475.jpg

normal_IMG_7516.jpg

more photos can be found here

Lanie

On the Ice
Yay DL! I'm glad you had fun. :)

I haven't been there since January, and I only live like an hour away...

nubka

Final Flight
I luuuuuv Disneyland. It has such nostalgic memories for me. I would never change a single thing about it...

Glad you had a great time!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
LOVE your quote, nubka!!!!!!!! Mike is one of my favorite Pixar characters.

"Fight that plaque, fight that plague! Scary monsters don't have plaque!"

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for sharing your Disneyland pics & experience, Toni. I just :love: it there (of course, being from the east coast, we've been to Disney World more than Disneyland). :clap:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Great pictures Toni!! I'm glad you had a great trip. I've never been to Disneyland (only Disney World in Florida) so I enjoyed seeing your pictures. :)

IDLERACER

Medalist
It's difficult to imagine not being able to find Disneyland from 10 minutes away. The Matterhorn and the Tower of Terror are such stand-outs amidst the Orange County skyline.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
we were in such a short car we couldn't see much

that and we were looking for street names lol