Golden Spin, Zagreb | Golden Skate

Golden Spin, Zagreb

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
The only news I've heard is for British Fans that Jenna McCorkell will be making her competitive comeback after being out injured for ages. :clap:

Good Luck to you Jenna! :)

kosjenka

On the Ice
I'm from Croatia and these are the information I got from girls from synchronized skating team.
It's only a schedule - and it's still not 100% .

Friday, 17.11.2006.

13.45 Ice dancing - CD
15.00 ladies - short
18.00 the opening
18.30 men - short
21.30 ice dancing - OD

14.00 men-free program
17.30 Ice Dancing - free dance
19.30 LAdies- free program

Sunday 19.11.2006.

Gala - not yet sure about time

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
GB has quite a big team going to Zagreb. Aswell as Jenna, there is Thomas Paulson and John Hamer in the Men, and Dancers Kira Geil and Andrew Smykowski. :agree:

italia

Rinkside
I noticed that in the ice dance, there was a japanese team, cathy reed and chris reed, those names don't sound very japanese...maybe it's a mistake and they are from the u.s. or something

ElFuego

Rinkside
I noticed that in the ice dance, there was a japanese team, cathy reed and chris reed, those names don't sound very japanese...maybe it's a mistake and they are from the u.s. or something

Yes, they were last year's US novice champions but they are now representing Japan. Shae-Lynn Bourne is their coach.

I can't remember the British guy's name in Dortmund Worlds. I think it was John Hammer. Anyway, he came in dead last but he had spunk! and got a standing ovations from the crowd. Hope to see him again.

Zagreb - That means the ever popular Trifun Zvonovich!

Joe

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
John Hamer came 4th in Zagreb, his nearest British rival came 11th, so there's a strong chance that John will retain his British Title and be sent to Euros and Worlds again.

http://johnhamerskating.co.uk/4436.html

As you can see from this pic though, his rival, Thomas Paulson on the left, is alot cuter. ;)

124.jpg

Last edited:

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
OMG! I've gone from "Tripping on the Podium" to being a "Medalist". Yay to me! :laugh:

antmanb

Record Breaker
At last year's British i must say that i preferred Thomas Paulson's style of skating over John's. John does have more success with his jumps than Thomas but i think if Thomas can get more consistant with his jumps then john will have to be looking over his shoulder.

And did you see the protocls? Thomas did a serpentine step sequence! After all our discussions about thedeath of the serpentine step sequence Thomas brings one out!

Ant

antmanb

Record Breaker
Actually lookingat the protocls again for Thomas Paulson...he didn't have his level 4 combination spin counted at the end because his first spin was called a change foot combination spin...has he come a cropper under the new sitspin rules and instead of having a change sit counted its been called a change foot combo spin?

Ant

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
At last year's British i must say that i preferred Thomas Paulson's style of skating over John's. John does have more success with his jumps than Thomas but i think if Thomas can get more consistant with his jumps then john will have to be looking over his shoulder.

And did you see the protocls? Thomas did a serpentine step sequence! After all our discussions about thedeath of the serpentine step sequence Thomas brings one out!

Ant

Thomas definitely has alot of fans, but at the moment John is more consistent with the technical.

One of the AS Girls attended the event and took lots of photos, including all the Brit Skaters! :agree:

http://absoluteskating.proboards37....n=display&thread=1163014485&page=3#1164059932

Thomas Paulson's Biellmann Spin in the LP.

antmanb

Record Breaker

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
You're welcome Ant. Glad you can be there at the British, hopefully you can post your thoughts afterwards, as I shan't be going. :cry:
I'm hoping they'll arrange some sort of streaming to purchase online like last year. :yes: