New photo of Sokolova | Golden Skate

New photo of Sokolova

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For some reason , I don't think it looks like her. Can it be a very, very young picture??

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I am with Dee, I am questioning that is her. Is that Cupcake???
Here is a pic, and I look at her teeth - cheeks look the same. I guess there is the credibility of coming from her site - not sure???? I do think it is her 75% or more.
http://www.picturetrunk.com/2006/09202006/c5eb7453b7.jpg

Also looks like she is "fuller" but does appear to be a dress she would wear. Cute smile and I LOVE the headband!!!!

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, if she ever wins another medal, somebody might just pay attention to her.

You sure have a short memory. Cupcake won Skate America 2005 and Europeans 2006 silver. She finished 4th at Worlds, and many thought she should have won bronze instead of Sasha. With Irina on hiatus she is the top Russian lady, and maybe, just maybe, she will live up to the RFSF expectations.

John King

Final Flight
For some reason , I don't think it looks like her. Can it be a very, very young picture??

Dee

Well,it comes from her site,and the photo was captioned "Elena Sokolova",albeit in the Cyrillic alphabet.And it came from a batch of recent photos,all at the same event,San Trope 2006.I guess she's had her hair in trademark bangs so often,we're not used to seeing her forehead.But it is Elena,circa 2006.

Last edited:

krenseby

Final Flight
You sure have a short memory. Cupcake won Skate America 2005 and Europeans 2006 silver. She finished 4th at Worlds, and many thought she should have won bronze instead of Sasha. With Irina on hiatus she is the top Russian lady, and maybe, just maybe, she will live up to the RFSF expectations.

Well Cupcake's great when she's on, even though her spins and spirals put her at disadvantage in COP points. But if some people consider Sasha Cohen to be the queen of inconsistency, Sokolova beats her at it in a heartbeat. Sometimes, she closes in on the podium, other time she misses the top 10!

R.D.

Record Breaker
thanks for the pic :rock: and the invaluable resource as well...:cool:

and thanks to you I just doubled my collection of pics of her :rock:

Last edited:

IDLERACER

Medalist
I'm not used to seeing her without bangs. It looks like she's morphing into Roz Sumners. :unsure: