Stars on Ice News | Golden Skate

Stars on Ice News

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Hey everyone! Just in case you guys missed it this morning, SOI has updated their website with the information for the 2006-07 tour and it looks like its going to be a great show. I'm BEYOND stoked that Angela is skating at my Cincy SOI stop too! I was hoping I would get to see her on the tour this year. The cast list is updated for the current season and so is the tour schedule. Here's the link for you guys. :clap:

SOI Homepage: http://www.starsonice.com/home/us.asp :agree:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I knew Alexei signed again. Omaha is still not one of their stops. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dee

Teenes

On the Ice
The tour has been cut down to only 40 cities this year (it was 48 last year, and 60+ in years past), so I suspect more than a few people will be finding that the show isn't coming to their city this year...

Having said that, I'm kind of selfishly happy that Ilia and Katia are coming to my stop. I haven't seen Ilia skate in way too long, and I love Katia's skating. Wish Kurt were coming as well, but with only 6 cities for him, they can't exactly pile all the guest stars into the same stops =).

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
If you click on the individual dates, the "Guest Stars" are listed. This year, Kulik and Browning are listed as Guest Stars, while Gordeeva and Nikodinov are cast, with limited appearances. (Although Gordeeva's bio says she is a Guest Star.)

Kulik -- and Kimmie Meissner -- are listed for Lake Placid. Kulik is also listed for Porland, OR (1/13) to Columbus (2/3), and then again from Pittsburg (3/17) to Portland, ME (3/24). Browning is listed for Albany (3/8) to Cleveland (3/16).

http://www.starsonice.com/tickets/default.asp

There's an "In Select Cities" link to schedules at the end of Gordeeva's and Nikodinov's bios and on the cast main page under their photos. Here are the direct links:

http://test.starsonice.com/cast/EKATERINA_GORDEEVA.asp
Overlaps all of Kulik's dates, except 31 January in Denver. (Typo?)

http://test.starsonice.com/cast/ANGELA_NIKODINOV.asp
Cincinnati (2/6) to Cleveland (3/16), the last week overlapping with Browning.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm glad that the cast (including guest stars) & theme have finally been announced :clap:, but I feel bad for those fans (especially in the SE USA) who don't have any shows coming anywhere close to where they live. :frown: :no: :cry: :disapp:

Last edited:

childfreegirl

Final Flight
I'm glad that the cast (including guest stars) & theme have finally been announced :clap:, but I feel bad for those fans (especially in the SE USA) who don't have any shows coming anywhere close to where they live. :frown: :no: :cry: :disapp:

Thanks for the sympathy. Orlando is the closest to me and I went there in 05, but I don't know if I'll make it there this time.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Looks like Dallas is the closest to me. Sure hope some of those that only perform for certain shows go to Dallas.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yikes. Check out some of the photos on that page. Like THIS one.

Idleracer, let me put this picture in context. I'm guessing that you did not get to see the tour live, so let me explain. This is Jennifer Robinson who participated in last season's 20th Anniversary tour. The theme was "a Show about a Show," so the running theme for the entire show dealt with the behind the scenes things that happen for the making of the show.There was a "fake" opening number called "Loverly Spring." In this number the men were dressed as farmers in overalls with various gardening tools (watering cans, butterfly nets, shovels, insecticide sprays), and the ladies were dressed as bees & flowers. Jennifer was one of the flowers. The "fake" opening actually pretty cute & funny (IMO), and it led to Scott Hamilton coming out (on the big video screen) and stopping the action, saying that this wasn't the kind of skating he had in mind for professional skaters. This opening was immediately followed by the "real" opening to the Meatloaf song "I'd Do Anything for Love," in which the entire cast wore beautifully understated dark blue costumes. I hope this puts this all in context. :)

Last edited:

NansXOXOX

Final Flight
Yikes.

I think this is exactly the reaction SOI was going for with this false opening! :laugh:

At every show I went to, the reaction of the people sitting around me was stunned silence followed by sighs of relief and laughter when they realized it was a joke. :yes:

Nan

Jhar55

Medalist
Stars not comming to Nashville but thinking about St.louis its the same distance if I can find someone to go along. Says it at the Scottcenter anyone know where that is? Never heard of it.

The Detroit stop is the number two show for Angela, three days after her debut in Cincinnati.

Angela Nikodinov and Yuka Sato in the same show! I'm in hog heaven!

heyang

Record Breaker
Kimmie's skating in Lake Placid? How's that possible?

Doesn't look there are guests in Trenton. Hopefully, they just haven't formalized the guests, yet.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Doesn't look there are guests in Trenton. Hopefully, they just haven't formalized the guests, yet.

If you go to Angela's page of the cast, it has a link to "Select Cities." Trenton is listed as one of them for her appearances. :agree: :clap: