Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Evan announces short program music

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Not the greatest music to skate to. Didn't Michelle already skate to this music? Can't he find something better to use?

Go NJ Devils
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    That is pretty strange. Bolero is one song that you could pretty much stop at any point and start up again at any other and no one would be able to tell the difference.
    The problem is that the music is in very specific, equal segments. You have to be able to cut off after a whole number of the main theme plus the ending. When you do 10 iterations of the same theme, to cut off at the musical equivalent of "half a yard" or try to interpolate an extra 10-second repeat, is so much more obvious and disruptive than when there's no music repeat, but the structure suffers (as do people who know what the music should be).

Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater View Post
    Not the greatest music to skate to. Didn't Michelle already skate to this music? Can't he find something better to use?
    Well, the whole sound track has lots and lots of music. So we will have to wait and see exactly what cuts Evan has decided to use.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater View Post
    De gustibus non disputandum est.

Quote Originally Posted by gio View Post
    hmmm. That's what I was talking about last night.

Joe

On the other hand, Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gio View Post
    ??? Translation please!!!!

Custom Title
    I looked it up and got "In matters of taste there is no dispute".

I have a lot of catching up to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    That is pretty strange. Bolero is one song that you could pretty much stop at any point and start up again at any other and no one would be able to tell the difference.
    It is funny this was said, I have heard Fumie is going to do her SP to Bolero. I guess I was a very influential kid because I still can not think of this song with out picturing Bo Derik running down the beach. I also hear Dicks comments about TnD being the "unforgettable" in regards to this piece. I don't think I will forget - but Sasha, MK now Fumie ...I think I might just forget about TnD Uncle Dick, at least while there is "my dream test baby" skating down the ice. Just when you think it couldn't get any better.....

Anyhoo, it is seeming like Lori is "playing old cards" OR Fumie felt this would work for her too. Any way that it is approached it is interesting for me. As the "stop at any point" in Bolero - from my impression of her SP late 05-06 music, maybe Lori felt it was easier to edit , at least easier then the last piece? Don't know. But FS pulled that off very well, I feel like this choice is less the challenge timing wise and possible a direction to focus on the point getting elements - less emphasis on the interpretation - she definitely has that down. Might be a good direction to hit the simple music to focus on the point getting via easier music??????? JAG Hockeyfan had a good point for me on this as well.

On the original note, the "passion play" will / was be good for the both EL and JW, but I get the feeling Johnny might "feel / felt" this one a little better. I think EL would / will be good but I have a tendency to think of him more in the "rock star" category. Is this a "mold breaker" or am I forgetting something?

As the comments about when the routine starts it's Time, I am under the impression that it is when the "skater starts skating" still is true. I only read that rule at the beginning of the year, so I believe that is 100% fact.

Sorry to ramble, just felt a little with drawn while I was up in the hills and catching up with work. I love GS!
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 10-05-2006 at 11:49 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3