Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Ice Wars on sale Sep. 30

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    204

    Ice Wars on sale Sep. 30

    Ice Wars is taking place on Nov. 2 at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, IL (outside of Chicago).

    The confirmed skater lineup is:
    Team USA: Brian Boitano, Michael Weiss, Angela Nikodinov, Rory Burghart
    Team World: Kurt Browning, Alexei Yagudin, Oksana Baiul, Shizuka Arakawa

    Tickets go on sale Sep. 30. I don't have phone numbers/links yet but you can probably find that info on the Sears Centre website when they add the event.

    No TV date is set yet.

    http://www.kurtfiles.com/events/icewars06.php

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    913

    Re:

    Quote Originally Posted by Teenes View Post
    Ice Wars is taking place on Nov. 2 at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, IL (outside of Chicago).

    The confirmed skater lineup is:
    Team USA: Brian Boitano, Michael Weiss, Angela Nikodinov, Rory Burghart
    Team World: Kurt Browning, Alexei Yagudin, Oksana Baiul, Shizuka Arakawa

    Tickets go on sale Sep. 30. I don't have phone numbers/links yet but you can probably find that info on the Sears Centre website when they add the event.

    No TV date is set yet.

    http://www.kurtfiles.com/events/icewars06.php
    No offense but team USA seems pretty lackkluster. Most of the top US skaters from years past are not there! (Nothing against those that are though.) Team World on the other hand has 3 Gold Medalists, including one from the past Olympics. Pretty obvious to me that Team USA is no match for Team World in this competition

  3. #3
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    544
    Overall I think it's a somewhat interesting line-up except for Rory Burghart (honestly, is that the best they could do?) and the train wreck that is Oksana Baiul.

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    913

    Re:

    Quote Originally Posted by waxel View Post
    Overall I think it's a somewhat interesting line-up except for Rory Burghart (honestly, is that the best they could do?) and the train wreck that is Oksana Baiul.
    Oksana has had some occasions where she landed most of her jumps in Ice Wars. This doesn't mean she'll do it this time, but I think she has a chance. We'll have to wait and see.

  5. #5
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,357
    I wouldn't say that Rory Burghart is a weak link in this line-up. She does not have the full complement of triples, but she is a powerful skater, a good spinner, and check out her split jump!

    http://aerialexperience.com/Quicksta...e%20Show_w.jpg

    The only ringer in the bunch is Shizuka Arakawa! What's she doing toying with all these used-to-be's?

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    913

    re:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I wouldn't say that Rory Burghart is a weak link in this line-up. She does not have the full complement of triples, but she is a powerful skater, a good spinner, and check out her split jump!

    http://aerialexperience.com/Quicksta...e%20Show_w.jpg

    The only ringer in the bunch is Shizuka Arakawa! What's she doing toying with all these used-to-be's?
    Mathman, I don't think they'll drag her down or anything. She remains a superb skater and a recent Gold medalist, despite the other Ice Wars participants who don't come anywhere near her technical skating abilities.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •