Movie Now In Theatres, Features Nicole Bobek | Golden Skate

Movie Now In Theatres, Features Nicole Bobek

IDLERACER

Medalist
The film that we've all been hearing about for over a year, in which Nicole Bobek makes a brief appearance as a stripper is now in theatres, and is unfortunately getting terrible reviews. :sheesh: I will wait until All The King's Men makes it to my local library in a few months, and then veiw it (I'll basically just forward to her scene, and not watch the rest). I've heard that she dyed her hair black for the part.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I get extra credit for my college history class if I go see it... didn't realize she was in it! LOL

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
The imdb site cast list for the movie lists her as an ice skater. Are we to gather, then, that she strips during an ice skating routine? :rofl:

IDLERACER

Medalist
The imdb site cast list for the movie lists her as an ice skater. Are we to gather, then, that she strips during an ice skating routine? :rofl:
Believe it or not, I actually have heard something to that effect. :biggrin: Since the film takes place in the early 1930s, perhaps some burlesque houses in those days were equipped with ice covered stages. Anyhow, she's supposedly a "loose woman" of some sort who has a trist with Huey Long (Sean Penn). If anybody actually goes out and sees this, let us all know what's going on.

Bill508

Rinkside
It certainly has an all star cast (Penn, Winslett, Hopkins etc) so it took the big bucks to make. Maybe she can use any "connections" she makes with the cast to get bigger and better parts in the future. Hope it doesn't turn out to be another Heaven's Gate or Waterworld.

IDLERACER

Medalist
Hope it doesn't turn out to be another Heaven's Gate or Waterworld.
Back in the days of "Heaven's Gate," there was no such thing as recovering the cost of a massive bomb via home entertainment. The Betamax/VHS market was still too new, and not enough people owned them. Nowadays, even a film that tanks royally (like this one appears to be doing) can still recoup alot of the investment via DVD buyers who are also Sean Penn/Anthony Hopkins completists, not to mention foreign markets. Needless to say, this isn't going to do to Phoenix pictures what "Heaven's Gate" did to United Artists.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Well it is a remake of the 1949 classic starring Broderick Crawford and John Ireland. It had a stellar cast, pretty hard to beat:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041113/

I do like Sean Penn and Jude Law and Anthonty Hopkins. I am not sure if Nicole Bobeck belongs in this movie, but I guess hollywood will try anything once to sell a flick. May go see it.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I caught the tail end of a promo for this movie tonight on Turner Classic Movies of all places.. There is a scene where Sean Penn is in a very smoky club watching and I mean watching a very sexy stripper dancing (Nicole with Black hair). She had on a two piece black outfit and a big flower in her hair. It was very brief and Nicole was shimming down into a back-bend. I could not tell if she had skates on because the shot of her was not a close up.

IDLERACER

Medalist
I found the trailer you're talking about. Everybody can click HERE to view it. Nicole appears in it twice. Once at the 1:30 mark, and then at the 1:52 mark. You have to pause the screen to get a good look at her, because the appearances are so brief. I would say she is definitely on skates, although it's a little difficult to tell because she's performing in a sea of dry ice.

deanna357

Spectator
Hmmmm....

I think the second clip is of Nicole, but the first doesn't look like her at all, in my opinion.

LuckyCharm

Spectator
I think the second clip is of Nicole, but the first doesn't look like her at all, in my opinion.

I thought the same. Boy, did she look gorgeous in the second clip though. And I actually think the movie looks great, but I like that kind of stuff. I hadn't seen or heard much about it, but I might actually go see it now.