Another round in court for Steuer/Savchenko/Szolkowy | Golden Skate

Another round in court for Steuer/Savchenko/Szolkowy

Anke G

Rinkside
Steuer/Savchenko/Szolkowy have won a preliminary injunction to be able to compete at Nebelhorn with Ingo at the boards. It remains to be seen if they go (the draw is Wednesday). I suppose the DEU could say they are no longer nominated...

See Blazing Blades Blog http://www.xanga.com/kwantifiable/ for my translation of the latest news on the subject.

What a mess!

Anke

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The latest news is that they won't compete at Nebelhorn because Aliona is injured, with her foot in a cast. I wonder if that means they will be out of the GP too.

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Could you please provide a source, or link to a source for her injury? Thanks!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Anke, thank you so much for providing information on this. As I've mentioned before, I've done a full 180 on this issue. I started off rather sympathetic to Steuer, and especially to Alyona and Robin who were just thrust into this mess. Well, I am still sympathetic to the latter two, but Steuer should definitely get a reality grip. Seriously.

Anke G

Rinkside
Aliona injured her foot in practice last week and so won't be competing at Nebelhorn after all.

The trio is prepared to go to court for the next competition if need be. That would probably be the GP event in China. The federation said they would nominate S/S but not Steuer for that event.

To be continued...