Kostner out for the Season? | Golden Skate

Kostner out for the Season?

Skye

On the Ice
I don't get it. She's off ice for 3 weeks and misses the GP series? Kostner has been assigned TEB (11/16~11/19) and NHK (11/30~12/3) so she should have plenty of time to recover - unless it's a serious injury. Best wishes for her.

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
Not a surprise given how much she works herself.

Semi-major injuries these days pretty much happen to every skater, every year. There's no other way to get around it when you're trying to do so many Triples.

What a shame for Caroline.

And all these injuries are terrible for the sport of figure skating, too. It's getting so that championships are decided not by who is the best skater but by who is healthy enough to show up.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Perhaps a moderator could modify this thread title to either "Kostner out of the Grand Prix?" or "Kostner Injured?" -- just a friendly suggestion.

Best wishes to Kostner for a speedy and full recovery.

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
What?! No!?!?! :eek: :indiff: :cry: It just can't be!!! My princess, my idol, my girl...!!!! :frown: How?!?! Why?!?!?! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :cry: :cry: :cry: :banging:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOO

Poor Caro and her family...

In fact:
Her father is a hockey coach in Switzerland and he and his team went to some competition. Unfortunatly, they had an accident and the bus was burned and all of them are injured. And- some even died. I didn't understand well is it two or four people. Oh how sorry I am....

This can't be...no,no....THE WORLD IS CRUSHING DOWN! Skating without Caro- it's like life with no breathing!

...... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

MKFSfan

Medalist
I don't get it. She's off ice for 3 weeks and misses the GP series? Kostner has been assigned TEB (11/16~11/19) and NHK (11/30~12/3) so she should have plenty of time to recover - unless it's a serious injury. Best wishes for her.

I'm not an expert, but if Caro is off 3 weeks starting today, it only gives her 2-3 weeks to get back to competitive form for those events. Unless she's able to stroke just can't jump/spin on ice, and do a lot of off ice training, I can't imagine she be ready, and it's not worth risking further injury to get back in form anyway.

Poor Caro! Hopefully she can recover in time for Nationals/Worlds!

edited: over on FSU it was reported she has a leg injury and is out until December.

Last edited:

Skye

On the Ice
over on FSU it was reported she has a leg injury and is out until December.

Oh that is such a shame - I was so looking forward to her "new" Canon SP. She is not known as an early starter, and I'm worried this may have further influence to later competitions as well. :frown:

R.D.

Record Breaker
oh well, that's a shame. But it's the order of business. I wonder if they are any more to come (for major skaters).

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Well, it was more compassion than was shown in the two posts previous to this one . The "let's pick on a poster" posts are really annoying. Can the rest of us have a break please?

Having said that, I am sorry that Carolina was injured. I wish her well. I hope her father is doing ok. It wasn't clear how badly he was injured. That must be so stressful for everyone.

Anything for Skating- Remember Carolina has to have been really strong to get as far as she has. I am sure that she can and will fight her way back.

Last edited:
just a thought

Well, it was more compassion than was shown in the two posts previous to this one . The "let's pick on a poster" posts are really annoying. Can the rest of us have a break please?

umm, when someone is callous, it is appalling, and that is why others responded to that post.
That said, it's the last I'll comment on that

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
What is so callous about RD's response? Its true, there seem to be more and more injuries in skating. I'm sad that Caro is injured and will miss the GP, but its not surprising that she is hurt, as injuries are so common now.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Injuries are a lot more visible with all of the fall events scheduled and cancelled. Back in the days of Nationals, Europeans, Olympics, and Worlds, and no Internet, most of the beginning of the season injuries were dealt with quietly, with many skaters re-emerging for their Nationals.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Injuries are a lot more visible with all of the fall events scheduled and cancelled. Back in the days of Nationals, Europeans, Olympics, and Worlds, and no Internet, most of the beginning of the season injuries were dealt with quietly, with many skaters re-emerging for their Nationals.

hmm, that's an interesting point that I never considered. I still wonder if there are more injuries now than 30 years ago, though.