Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shizuka's amazing career path that ends in Olympic Gold

Go NJ Devils
    Arakawa graduated from one of the most academically challenging and prestigious colleges in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan228 View Post
    Arakawa graduated from one of the most academically challenging and prestigious colleges in Japan.
    Something about that just makes her that much more beautiful if that is possible

Here is a DivX file at 28mb of the ShiChan Shine tribute vid.
    Shi-Chan Shine
    @YouSendIt

Shi-Chan Shine
    @FileFactory

It is very clean for its size, and it is not a small little screen size like others I have put out. Not my "favorite" of the vids I have "smooshed togather" but the song really conveys a nice sentiment I feeI - I smile through it.
    Hope you like it MM and whom ever else.
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 10-04-2006 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan228 View Post
    IINM "one of the most academically challenging and prestigious colleges in Japan" is a little like "one of the tallest buildings in Wichita".
    In other words, in traditional descriptions, getting admitted to a university was much, much harder than graduating from it (unless things have changed drastically in recent years).
    That said, that she was admitted to a prestigious college (for which there is tremendous and difficult competition) says a lot.

There was no way I was going to root for Arakawa against Kwan, but once Kwan pulled out, I was really hoping against hope that Arakawa would win. It was the first ladies olympic competition since 1976 where my favored skater (of those present) won.
    I think her story is fascinating right from the SP at Nagano (where she did a 3lz/3tl and then seemed to forget her program) through the low period and eventual triumphs in 2004 and 2006 (with the low of 2005 worlds in between though imho she was screwed in the SP which probably affected her LP performance too).

The tallest building in Wichita (indeed, in all of Kansas) is...the Epic Center -- 98 meters. (No need to thank me )

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=125730

MM? did the files work? Or were they too big to download? I guess not just MM, anyone? is that too big of a file? It is also 3 times the size of the "screen." I found that I didn't have to buy the converter for DivX, it was in iMovie, I only would have had to buy it if I wanted the "stand alone" drag and drop. I was going to convert it to wav for the Win users but saw the divx in the list. I've been to busy making full quality, mov and mp4 I never noticed.

It is really nice to see Shizuka smile like that! I keep noticing how much her "posed" smile has improved lately. All new pics of her are great smiles. She must be very happy and as well she should be.

No problem. Downloaded in about four minutes, played without a hitch in both DivX player and Windows media player. (I will have to download Quicktime again. It never worked right for me and I disinstalled it.)

Super montage, very professionally done.

I agree about the smile. At various stages of her career we saw a lot of forced smiles, like her heart was elsewhere. It was widely reported that after the 2004 season she begged the Japanese Skating federation to let her quit, but somehow they talked her into hanging in for the next two years.

Now her smile lights up the arena!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post

Now her smile lights up the arena!
    And a LOT of hearts! Again I must say, in person that smile is a heart stopper / starter.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaniBu View Post
    Shi-Chan Shine
    @FileFactory
    Where do I click when I get to this page to download the actual file, lol. It all looks like a bunch of advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuranthium View Post
    Where do I click when I get to this page to download the actual file, lol. It all looks like a bunch of advertisement.
    I think you need to log in and then it gives you 3 options.

Did YouSendit not work for you? There is one member that I know of here that it doesn't work for so I post the FF just for them - even though I don't think they use it that much I like to be nice and give the option.

Here is a SaveFile too.
    Shi-Chan Shine
    @ Save File
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 10-05-2006 at 06:22 PM.

For file factory, you don't have to log in or be a member. Scroll down to "Download for Free" near the bottom.

If an ad pops up, click on "Click here to skip this ad" (or just wait for it to go away).

On the next page, click on "click here to begin your download."

Ignore all the pictures of pretty girls saying, "do you want to meet me?"

Ignore all the pictures of pretty girls saying, "do you want to meet me?"
    You pass that up?

I have only downloaded from there once or twice, good thing you know or remembered, I apparently did not. Is that where you downloaded from?

Quote Originally Posted by SeaniBu View Post
    Is that where you downloaded from?
    Yes. For Yousendit it says I have to create an account and log in to download the file.

Yes. For Yousendit it says I have to create an account and log in to download the file.
    Oh, that is where the thought must have arisen from.

Save File is presumably cool as well. YSI I am auto logged. Thanks for that info MM!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2