Kristi's Fit TV | Golden Skate

Kristi's Fit TV

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I was just flipping down the channels and saw Kristi on Fit TV for a "Athletes profile show" - I believe something along the lines of "the making of a Athlete" or "What makes an Athlete." I think that there was some mention of this before and I can't recall what the feedback was on her segment. So, did anyone see this and if so, how was it?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
:laugh: Well I guess that it was not possible for anyone to give feedback on this because - http://fittv.discovery.com/convergence/artoftheathlete/episodeguide/episodeguide.html - it hasn't aired yet? I am sure it will be interesting. From the clips I saw she is such a captivating lady, it will be nice to see.

Sorry, I should do a little looking first.

"She personifies grace and beauty, and she's an Olympic gold medalist! Meet Kristi Yamaguchi at her home in Raleigh, N.C., where she's hung up her ice skates and shifted to a new phase of life as a wife and mother. Born with a physical disability, Kristi traces her journey from childhood pairs skater to her solo moment on the Olympic podium....."

"Kristi is one of the most popular female athletes in the country, as indicated by many awards and surveys, including being recognized three years in a row as "Favorite Female Athlete" by Nickelodeon's Kids' Choice Awards..."

Last edited:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
It originally aired in February I believe. I don't get the channel so my brother made a copy for me. It was a nice show on Kristi and how she stays fit I guess. Elena Bechke makes an appearance...Kristi visits her and watches her coach a young skater. They show Kristi at home feeding Keara. It's been a while since I watched it...so that's what I remember of it. FitTV seems to repeat it every so often.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Thanks purplecat, I thought I heard it mentioned before but when I looked it up failed to look for a year on the "air date." doesn't sound like I missed that much. But I will still keep my eye out for it's rebroadcast. At least there is something I would watch on Fit TV.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
That picture kills me because I met someone who looked so much like that and she and I were getting along so well until she found out I smoked - 6 years ago. She the basically gave me the boot. Smoking was such a stupid and impudent. I would love to see that bunny smile again.:love:

MM and Purplecat, how well are your ornaments painted? I am thinking of getting one. It reminds me of the "little Nicole B" figurine that I am making. I have a Norman Rockwell snow globe and am also considering getting that of Kristi as well.

My favorite Christmas decoration I have is the Norman Rockwell looking "Village Square, Musical Holiday Skaters" from 1997. The skaters slide around on a white sheet that magnetically moves them. I went to look for pictures but didn't find any. The motor and gears are kind loud, but if you crank up the crappie mono speaker on it, you can barely hear it, or anything else. It is so classic to me. A little band plays and squirrels, dad and the kids, I just love it! I know it is made by Village Square (who I think was purchased by Lexmark) but couldn't find a pic.

I think I am going to get that Kristi snow globe, it sounds like the silver snowflake ornaments spin around while the music plays, man am I a sap. I think I should have been a girl, I would love to be a Mom! And just inundate a house with all those cool little Christmas Chochskis:biggrin: :cool:

Last edited:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The ornament is painted well, but I never really thought it looked totally like Kristi...it's an okay likeness.

I have the snow globe, of course, as well! (As well as one of her Stars on Ice dolls.) I have tons of "chochski" as you called it, both Kristi related and just skating related! Anyway, about her snow globe...the snowflakes don't spin...they just hang down from the globe. Kristi spins around and the music for her I think, if I remember correctly, is Chopin's Nocturne (which she's never skated to). I have all four snow globes (Tara, Peggy and Michelle), unfortunately all four have developed an air bubble on the top (not to mention a lot of dust!).

heyang

Record Breaker
You can also get the Kristi ornament on Ebay. I haven't checked, but they were there in the past. I would expect that people may post them for sale closer to Christmas.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
There were some on Yahoo for sale as well. Thanks for the info. Yah I agree with Kristi not looking like Kristi, and the attitude of her position was weak for her.:laugh: I was looking at a few of the ornaments out there. I have never seen a figurine that did MK the slightest amount of justice in particular - really any skater, I mean how could you? Not even Mike D could do those ladies justice - more likely Jeff would be his subject of interest from recent discoveries :laugh: . Anyhoo, thanks for the feedback, I am a sucker, but some stuff just has to stand out and if the snowflakes don't spin, I will likely pass:biggrin: on the SG. But the ornaments might just get me.;)

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I haven't got the bobblehead yet! But I've always loved this picture of the bobbleheads....makes me laugh...the attack of the Kristi bobbleheads! :laugh:

Kristi Bobbleheads

And while we're discussing Kristi and fitness....apparently she is in an infomercial for an excercise device called "The Bean". I've never actually seen the infomercial, just this site.

https://www.asseenontvnetwork.com/vcc/greenhouse/thebean/127632/

Plus she's part of the Faces of Influenza campaign of the American Lung Association...here's her bio at their site:

http://www.facesofinfluenza.org/html_bios/yamaguchi.html

And she's part of the Be Active North Carolina campaign with her husband...here's an article with a photo gallery link on the page.

http://www.caneshockey.com/custom/rad7DCE7.asp

Okay enough about my favorite subject, I'll shut up now! ;)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
And while we're discussing Kristi and fitness....apparently she is in an infomercial for an excercise device called "The Bean". I've never actually seen the infomercial, just this site.
The bean is cool, I have a similar "object" that is good for many things - from video gaming to "work outs." comfy for all sorts of lounging / activities. But the Bean is better because it is more portable and store well. Buying an electric pump would be a good idea - regardless of the foot pump. Sometimes you want to use it with out working out to get it pumped up, I would assume, hee hee.
Okay enough about my favorite subject, I'll shut up now! ;)

No, please don't. Gushing about FSers is one of MY favorite things!

Last edited: