Thread: Funding story about Rochette and coach

Rogue Leader

Funding story about Rochette and coach

Custom Title
    Good for Joannie! Go girl!

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Great news. Thanks to GM of Canada!

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    It's about time our Canadian skaters receive some extra help in this department. Most of the time they have to struggle financially to keep up with their training. This will really help Joannie advance this season. What great news!!!

Custom Title
    That is so great for Joannie... She will be able to train more and not worry about money has they often do in amateur skating.... People tend to think that it is not that expensive to take lessons but it is...

When I was younger I did some and when I was in the figure school, even there it was like some $40.00 for each lesson, like 45 minutes.... so if it is 3 or 4 times a week and all the other things, imagine a year of skating what the cost is... Canada should give more to an athlete who is a full time one, they do not get that much.... I am not sure but I think it is something like 1,000 to 1,200 a month, depending on the level of competition, when you think of all the travelling, with the coach, expenses for hotels, food, flight, costumes, you have to live somewhere, so a small thousand is not that much but it is better then nothing, lots of good skaters stop skating because they do not have the funds to continue.

Medalist
    Wow, I called it! A few months ago, someone had asked generally who of the skaters who could drop off the map is going to make a resurgence and I said Canada, specifically Rochette. I am just really kidding as others said Rochette as well, and the season has barely started, she hasn't even skated yet but who can I tell this to except you people.