Thread: Results

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Results

The RESULTS page is up.
    http://www.isufs.org/results/jgpned2006/

Of the 10 Ice Dance judges, 5 are from former SSRs (UKR, EST, GEO, AZE, RUS).

This is the THIRD event judged by the infamous YURI BALKOV. I thought no judge was allowed to do more than two?

Dance Addicted
    but the majority of dance competitors is from "western" countries.

I'm expecting a USA-CAN-EST podium, not necessarily in that order. I'll be filming some of this event, so all can see for theirselves if the judges were right.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    The RESULTS page is up.
    http://www.isufs.org/results/jgpned2006/

Of the 10 Ice Dance judges, 5 are from former SSRs (UKR, EST, GEO, AZE, RUS).

This is the THIRD event judged by the infamous YURI BALKOV. I thought no judge was allowed to do more than two?
    For whatever reason, the Eastern European contestants fled to this Dance Event.

Joe

Custom Title
    I checked the JGP Announcement, and this year judges are allowed to do THREE events. Of course, so far Balkov is the only judge actually doing 3....

For sure the Estonian team will be in the medals, but I will be interested to see if the US and Canadian teams do place high with these judges. There are two Eastern European teams (from UKR and GEO) with 9 points each going into this event. Also, there are two Russian teams entered (Antonova/Mylnikov and Jakobs/Baidukov) each of whom won a bronze medal last season, and J/B were the 3rd alternate to the JGPF.

And of course there are judges from EST, UKR, GEO and RUS on the panel, and in addition the AZE judge is Russian.

Custom Title
    Here are the Ice Dance standings after both CD and FD:

1 ANTONOVA / MYLNKOV RUS 80.52
    2 HUBBELL / HUBBELL USA 80.39
    3 GRUNBERG / RAND EST 79.95
    4 SAPRIKINA / KMICH UKR 75.76
    5 LENKO / ISLAM CAN 72.76
    6 KOLBE / RABE GER 71.80
    7 ZAKINA / JAPARIDZE GEO 70.36
    8 JAKOBS / BAIDUKOV RUS 66.44
    9 VYKHODTSEVA / SHUMSKI UKR 66.43
    10 ROUZET / RUMI FRA 65.17
    11 RETTINO / DUPUIS CAN 63.76
    12 ROGERS / JONES GBR 60.12
    13 TANCREDI / VATURI ITA 59.82
    14 LASZLO / FEJES HUN 57.18
    15 PASZTORY / McCRARY SUI 54.07
    16 BAKKER / HUBNER NED 52.40
    17 CARPENTER / KRASNIAK AZE 52.32

The Hubbells seem to be doing OK. They were 3rd in the CD and 1st in the OD, but they didn't get much of a point improvement over their Courchevel OD, just 0.11, while the Estonians improved over their OD last week by almost 3.6 points. The Hubbells' FD score at Courchevel was the highest so far in the JGP series, some 10 points higher than the Estonians scored last week, but the US team cannot afford to make any mistakes with this judging panel.

Lenko/Islam are languishing in 5th after a 5th in the CD and 6th in the OD. They are 7 points out of the medals and 3 points behind the Ukrainians in 4th. The Canadians' FD score at their previous event was 3 points higher than the Ukrainians, but the Ukrainians improved their previous OD by 1 point, while the Canadians retrogressed in their OD by almost 2 points. Lenko/Islam have to deliver their very best to move up even one placement.

Ya gotta luv the order of finish for the Men's SP

Russia......USA.........Canada Then for 4th 5th and 6th:

Russia......USA.........Canada.

I look forward to seeing Boroludin whenever. Carriere for me has high tech but zero in style. Ten is up there for a podium finish, maybe gold.

The 4th, 5th, and 6th are not out of it yet.

Joe

Eliot Halverson is a new name for me. Any background on him?

Are Jeremy Ten (Canada) and Denis Ten (Kazakhstan) related?

what didn't kill me-made me stronger!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post

The 4th, 5th, and 6th are not out of it yet.

aaaaaaahhhh dot say that 8th for example is out too! I was SO happy when I heard Danil finished 8th on SP, I wanted to let everybody know! He rocks!
    Have I told ya he will be something one day?! Have I?! AHA! As I said for Gedevanishvili while she wasn't this famous. Back to subject, good luck Danil, you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!