Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Results

Custom Title
    Thanks, and congrats to the winners.

Custom Title
    Here are some pictures of the Russian juniors.
    http://russiaonice.narod.ru/material.../jrmen2_en.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzz View Post
    Here are some pictures of the Russian juniors.
    http://russiaonice.narod.ru/material.../jrmen2_en.htm
    Thanks for the photos. It's nice to put a face to the skaters. They all look really young which means they have plenty of time to bounce up to the top 10. Boroludin is already there.

Joe

Some results from today:

Carriere wins over Boroludin by 10 plus points. Halverson (2nd in Free) moves up to medal bronze. No details yet, but I wonder if Steven went for the Quad.??
    __________________________________________________ _______

After the SP, Megan Oster (1) over Ashley Wagner (4) with Suzui (Japan) and Kozireva (Russia) in between. But it aint over till it's over.

Joe

what didn't kill me-made me stronger!
    Quote Originally Posted by anything_for_skating View Post
    I think Danil is 7th if I understood the 'secret sources' right...
    I m not sure, but if he is- now THAT really rocks!!!!
    WEEEEEEEELLLLL DONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    he actually isn't....but he still rocks I am very happy that he landed 3lz, though with a hand down

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Thanks for the photos. It's nice to put a face to the skaters. They all look really young which means they have plenty of time to bounce up to the top 10.
    Those pictures are from 2002. They're all 4+ years older now.

what didn't kill me-made me stronger!
    results are up:
    http://www.isufs.org/results/jgpned2006/

W-o-w. I was like when I saw his elements in the short program. 3lz-2t! 3F! Spins level 3! Well I said his spins will get high level, especially I noticed the sit one :o
    And I am glad he did 3lz 2t, which means he prgressed a lot, when I saw him he did only 3lz- and that only sometimes. Even flip was sometimes worse than lutz. Though FP was worse, very well done Danil

Custom Title
    Usa = gold and silver in Ladies, gold and bronze in Men, gold in Dance. At the final there will be a lot of Americans. My congratulations.

Well, Ashley bounced back to win this. I remember at MidAtlantics she was also behind after the SP but bounced back for the LP to win that comp.

I'm not putting Megan down because she is an excellent skater and competitor. It just seems that Ashley likes to come on like gang busters when she's behind, not unlike Evan Lysacek. Question is, Is she ready for the current upfront US Senior Ladies because Ashley will be skating seniors.

Too many american skaters, imo, are SP skaters but can not deliver the goods for the LP. Emilie and Johnny come to mind.

Joe

Custom Title
    Ashley Wagner is not moving up to Seniors. She and Caroline Zhang will still compete as Juniors this season.

Chukum - You are correct. I just checked the Media book and Ashley is listed in Juniors. I think I got it mixed up with Flatt who I believe will be skating Seniors.

Joe

Dance Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by gio View Post
    Usa = gold and silver in Ladies, gold and bronze in Men, gold in Dance. At the final there will be a lot of Americans. My congratulations.
    And I think this was absolutely the correct result for every category. Ashley's long program just stood out from the rest, in the elements as well as in the way she performed it. Antonova and Mylnikov got a high score for the Midnight Blues, that kept them in first place even after the OD, but I did not really like their programs so much and of course the Hubbells have pretty interesting elements in their FD.

I loved Borodulin's short program, it had so much class, it was lovely. Carriere had by far the better elements in the long program, but still I thought Borodulin's LP looked better, and I didn't really like the jazzy number Carriere skated to.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Well, Ashley bounced back to win this. I remember at MidAtlantics she was also behind after the SP but bounced back for the LP to win that comp.
    Actually, Wagner was 2nd in the FS and overall (127.05 points) to Christine Zukowski (128.62) in that NYC club competition last month. But, still, a very good showing by Wagner in her senior debut even though she is staying junior this season.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite_xl View Post
    I loved Borodulin's short program, it had so much class, it was lovely. Carriere had by far the better elements in the long program, but still I thought Borodulin's LP looked better, and I didn't really like the jazzy number Carriere skated to.
    Thanks for sharing your impressions of the top 2 men. What did you think of Eliot Halverson's skating, and were there other notable skaters you enjoyed watching?

Dance Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia

Thanks for sharing your impressions of the top 2 men. What did you think of Eliot Halverson's skating, and were there other notable skaters you enjoyed watching?
    I enjoyed Alexander Laboy from Puerto Rico, he has a lovely style but not yet the elements. I also thought Artem Grigoriev's SP was very strong. He skated to some kind of Indian music, it sounded like it was from a Bollywood movie.

I find that Eliot Halverson is a very gracious skater and he has the technique as well. I had to watch my videos again to remember his programs, but they were beautiful. His SP is to a modern arrangement of a piano concert and has some great spins. Even a Biellmann at the end, which I always find interesting in a men SP. Flexible guy this Halverson.
    The music of his free program is kind of strange. It begins with an awful scream and then he drops down like a puppet. Sounds like the soundtrack of some horror movie. But then again he executed all his elements pretty clean and with beautiful lines.
    He is still very young, isn't he? I think if he goes on in this way he could end up on the podium at worlds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2