Results | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Results

gkelly

Record Breaker
Thanks for the photos. It's nice to put a face to the skaters. They all look really young which means they have plenty of time to bounce up to the top 10.

Those pictures are from 2002. They're all 4+ years older now.

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
results are up:
http://www.isufs.org/results/jgpned2006/

W-o-w. I was like :eek: when I saw his elements in the short program. 3lz-2t! 3F! Spins level 3! Well I said his spins will get high level, especially I noticed the sit one :eek: :rolleye:
And I am glad he did 3lz 2t, which means he prgressed a lot, when I saw him he did only 3lz- and that only sometimes. Even flip was sometimes worse than lutz. Though FP was worse, very well done Danil

gio

Medalist
Usa = gold and silver in Ladies, gold and bronze in Men, gold in Dance. At the final there will be a lot of Americans. My congratulations. :clap:

Well, Ashley bounced back to win this. I remember at MidAtlantics she was also behind after the SP but bounced back for the LP to win that comp.

I'm not putting Megan down because she is an excellent skater and competitor. It just seems that Ashley likes to come on like gang busters when she's behind, not unlike Evan Lysacek. Question is, Is she ready for the current upfront US Senior Ladies because Ashley will be skating seniors.

Too many american skaters, imo, are SP skaters but can not deliver the goods for the LP. Emilie and Johnny come to mind.

Joe

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley Wagner is not moving up to Seniors. She and Caroline Zhang will still compete as Juniors this season.

Chukum - You are correct. I just checked the Media book and Ashley is listed in Juniors. I think I got it mixed up with Flatt who I believe will be skating Seniors.

Joe

aphrodite_xl

On the Ice
Usa = gold and silver in Ladies, gold and bronze in Men, gold in Dance. At the final there will be a lot of Americans. My congratulations. :clap:

And I think this was absolutely the correct result for every category. Ashley's long program just stood out from the rest, in the elements as well as in the way she performed it. Antonova and Mylnikov got a high score for the Midnight Blues, that kept them in first place even after the OD, but I did not really like their programs so much and of course the Hubbells have pretty interesting elements in their FD.

I loved Borodulin's short program, it had so much class, it was lovely. Carriere had by far the better elements in the long program, but still I thought Borodulin's LP looked better, and I didn't really like the jazzy number Carriere skated to.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Well, Ashley bounced back to win this. I remember at MidAtlantics she was also behind after the SP but bounced back for the LP to win that comp.
Actually, Wagner was 2nd in the FS and overall (127.05 points) to Christine Zukowski (128.62) in that NYC club competition last month. :) But, still, a very good showing by Wagner in her senior debut even though she is staying junior this season.

I loved Borodulin's short program, it had so much class, it was lovely. Carriere had by far the better elements in the long program, but still I thought Borodulin's LP looked better, and I didn't really like the jazzy number Carriere skated to.
Thanks for sharing your impressions of the top 2 men. What did you think of Eliot Halverson's skating, and were there other notable skaters you enjoyed watching?

aphrodite_xl

On the Ice
Sylvia said:
Thanks for sharing your impressions of the top 2 men. What did you think of Eliot Halverson's skating, and were there other notable skaters you enjoyed watching?

I enjoyed Alexander Laboy from Puerto Rico, he has a lovely style but not yet the elements. I also thought Artem Grigoriev's SP was very strong. He skated to some kind of Indian music, it sounded like it was from a Bollywood movie.

I find that Eliot Halverson is a very gracious skater and he has the technique as well. I had to watch my videos again to remember his programs, but they were beautiful. His SP is to a modern arrangement of a piano concert and has some great spins. Even a Biellmann at the end, which I always find interesting in a men SP. Flexible guy this Halverson.
The music of his free program is kind of strange. It begins with an awful scream and then he drops down like a puppet. Sounds like the soundtrack of some horror movie. But then again he executed all his elements pretty clean and with beautiful lines.
He is still very young, isn't he? I think if he goes on in this way he could end up on the podium at worlds.