Grgranny's last escapade | Golden Skate

Grgranny's last escapade

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I have had trouble with something digging up my plants in the pots and window boxes. Finally caught it one night and watched and it went under my shed. A possum! So far, we have trapped 3. There must be more because something dug up my plants again. The police dept. just left it here until we're sure there aren't any more. At first, they told me that I had to take it in the cage out into the country and let it out. That would have to be on a dirt road. I don't do dirt or gravel roads any more since they had to take us out throught the windshield when our pickup pulling the trailer tipped over and we were in a ravine. Thank goodness the trailer had good brakes and kept it from rolling any further. It was so iffy my brother went to a neighbors and they hooked their tractor and rope to hold it until authorities came. Also, I don't drive where the places are'nt well lit.
Well, I didn't say much and the police man went ahead and took care of it. We have a really good police force, except for the chief and he has such a hot temper, They should never have hired him. Anyway, sure hope I catch the last one tonight. I still need to go out and put some dog food in the cage. Been using apples but they didn't seem to want that last night.
p s We just had scrapes and bruises but they couldn't get my blood pressure down so they kept me for several more hours than the others. The funny part was I had a tv ariel on the pickup and the way it landed, in a crevice, that it wasn't damaged at all.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Wow what a fiasco! I am glad you were OK then and no Possums are "attacking" anything but the flower boxes.

I was just thinking of you tonight as I heard of a home in west Idaho or Iowa having a HUGE amount of snakes in their house. Like in the walls etc... The father said he was afraid to go to bed to a certain degree due to thoughts of snakes in the bed. Eesh...I am glad it wasn't that bad for you! Bad but not hundreds thank goodness.

I hope the Possums are gone soon. Good luck Grganny!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
That is quite the tale! I think I would rather deal with a possum or two instead of hundreds of snakes. I hate snakes! If I was that couple I would be renting a motel until I moved. Who cares about the cost in a situation like that?

Glad to hear you took care of the possum problem. Mind you could have made possum pie!!!

:laugh:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Grgranny's on the hunt again!!!

I don't know if the news story Sean mentioned is the same one but I heard that there were a gazillion snakes that when the couple walked out onto the porch the earth moved. Well, it wasn't the earth moving. I think I would be in a psych ward right now. Yikes.

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
It sounds like the same story DEE:agree: So glad that didn't happen to you Grganny!

Still the idea of being pulled out of the windshield of your vehicle sounds very traumatic. What was in the trailer? Animals? Were they all OK too? You have a TV in the truck or was it a "camper trailer?"

For some reason this reminds me of the scene in Young Frankinstien where they are grave robbing and Eigor says, "it could be worse, it could be raining." at that moment thunder and a torrential down pour. Cracks me up at the same time it sends a message. I love how Grganny has that ability to convey it was bad but still feels thankful it wasn't worse. :agree: :bow:

"Snake, eeh gad! Well at least it wasn't a gazilion." :laugh: Sorry Grganny, you are probably thinking why the heck is he reminding me of that?

Did you get the possum last night Granny?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
update

Evidently there are no more possums. The squirrels are doing it too. They've never done it that badly before. They usually get a few nuts planted and then the next year I have little walnut trees coming up. ha I am keeping the cage one more night before I call to tell them to come and get it.
We had an extended cab pickup with a topper on the back and a 32 ft. camping trailer. The back of the pickup was full of the jewelry and machinery we take to shows. I really miss camping. We did lose some of the beads, etc. We had the trailer as when we did the shows we would park it and live in it while the shows were going on and then the big one we did in AZ. The malls let us park in the parking lots so those times we only had generators for electricity. When it was real hot or cold we had to find campgrounds with hookups. It was really handy being close to the show. When we weren't busy we had time to take turns looking around, etc. And I would go out and work on my beads. Had to have 2 cell phones so he could let me know if he needed a break or someone was asking about what I made. It was a LOT of work. He always took his equipment to work in our booth. Made jewelry while there. We always took a lot of stones and people would order them and come back later to pick them up.

I was spoiled. My husband got a ac/dc tv for the pick up. He knew how much I love tv. We also had 2 in the trailer. One in the bedroom and one in the living room. Also, when he couldn't think of what to give me for Christmas or birthdays he would just get me another tv. :rofl: So now, I have tv's in both bathrooms, office, family room, bedroom and kitchen. :laugh:

We also lived in the trailer for 6 months in Sacramento when he contracted with Boeing to fix a plane there. That is pushing it as far as living in a trailer for so long. The year we lived in Caribou (to fix another plane) they furnished everyone with house trailers. A year is too long to be away from home.

I don't even want to think about those snakes. I really think I would have had a heart attack or something and crossed over to insanity.

I hope I've answered all the questions. Don't be afraid to remind me or ask more.

Survivor Granny.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I was spoiled. My husband got a ac/dc tv for the pick up. He knew how much I love tv. We also had 2 in the trailer. One in the bedroom and one in the living room. Also, when he couldn't think of what to give me for Christmas or birthdays he would just get me another tv. :rofl: So now, I have tv's in both bathrooms, office, family room, bedroom and kitchen. :laugh:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You are such a fascinating lady! I would love to see some of your jewelry, do you sell on line or even do that anymore?

I am glad you are a survivor!:clap:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I'm too afraid of something going wrong to try to sell it online. My neighbor will if I ever get to where I can do the write ups. Once in a while I have a custormer. I have one that is going to come down for rough rock. I need to find someone to help me price it. I have a lot of finished stones, cabs and faceted. Lots of everything. I might be able to do a show here in town in Dec. Have to see if I ever get time to polish all that silver. Also, would have to find someone to help with the lifting, etc. It's mostly put away now. If I use my arms too much the fibromyalgia visits me and that's sure no fun.,
If you haven't gathered it by now, I'm a worry wart.