ice wars - whos going | Golden Skate

ice wars - whos going

Edna Bell

Spectator
I live in Chicago and haven't seen any info about the Ice Wars competition. Do you know which arena and what dates?

w4300

Rinkside
Ice Wars

Ice Wars will be at the newly opened Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates. There is a Marriot Hotel (I believe it is Marriot Northwest very close to there)

I will be going. My first time to be able to attend a live skating event.

Edna Bell

Spectator
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to get all the way into Hoffman Estates from my office in downtown Chicago by 7pm. I hope you have a great time!

w4300

Rinkside
Ice Wars

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to get all the way into Hoffman Estates from my office in downtown Chicago by 7pm. I hope you have a great time!

Thanks and I know what you mean. I work in Evanston but do not live too far from Hoffman Estates. May check out a little early that day.

w4300

Rinkside
Is this going to be televised this year? Also, who will be skating?

Ladybug

I don't know about television and some of the names I remember are Kurt Browning, Brian Boitano, Michael Weiss, Shizuka Arakawa, Alexi Yaguddin.....that's all my coffee needing brain remembers right now.

My ticket arrived in the mail yesterday. I am looking forward to the evening.

For anyone interested, the Sears Centre is a brand new facility. It is in the NW suburbs of Chicago (Hoffman Estates). It should be very easy to get to as it is right off the tollway (NW Tollway) Easy on, easy off. I am lucky because I only live about 10 minutes aways from there. It will probably take me longer to get out of the parking lot then to get home. :)

There would have to be TV with a sponsor to pay for the artists named above. I am sure they are under contract to make an appearance for the competition. The prize money is just icing on the cake.

Joe

mememe

On the Ice
Is this going to be televised this year? Also, who will be skating?

Ladybug

World Team: Shizuka Arakawa, Oksana Baiul, Kurt Browning, Alexei Yagudin
U.S. Team: Rory Burghart, Angela Nikodinov, Brian Boitano, Michael Weiss

It will be televised on CBS, but no date announced yet. Usually, it's either over Thanksgiving weekend or the first weekend of December.