Figurine "Summertime at the N. Pole" | Golden Skate

Figurine "Summertime at the N. Pole"

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
At the Kringle's -
"Ho Ho Holy Cow! Jessica, What is our daughter wearing?"
"Oh Kris, she is 19 now and can make decisions like that for herself, I think Tammy Elf helped her make it, and you know the Elfs. They get so influenced when they vacation in the South of France, we should be happy there is a top to the outfit."

Now that she is going to be headed for college in Germany, CKK (Candance Kandi Kringle) shows of her new skating outfit to her elf friends on a sunny summer day at the North Pole. She stops for a moment at the candy cane her elven friends made for her as a fair well. Mom and Dad (Mr & Mrs - Kriss and Jessica - Kringle aka Santa Claus) may not have been too happy about this particular choice, But hey what can you do. Kids these days. Besides, it is better then having to sell his three daughters - as legend has it in the story of St. Nicholas.

This is kinda hoky,:p hence why I am shifting into more "appropriate," "realistic" and "honorific" figurines due to shifting into Figure Skating themes. I was doing these types because they sell well. Now I would rather do what I like - besides shipping to Japan is more expensive:laugh: . "Kandi" is the first of the Ice skaters I have done and couldn't figure out what to do with an extra torso, so I incorporated it into my first Figure skater. I wanted to scale down the chest but the mold came out hallow inside. So the idea of Mr and Mrs Kringle / "Santa Claus" having a kid that got into skating was cheesy but it worked for this one.

People constantly want to touch her leg to see if it is some kind of coating because it came out looking so real - as usual :cool: The ice was done as having a thin layer of water from a sunny day on the N.Pole. I like using mirror for the base mainly for the light reflection and this time it lent itself to becoming a frozen lake with a sheet of water on it nicely.

I don't find this as being "morally reprehensible" but just not my "cup'o tea" anymore and agree with those who do or don't. I am a Anime freak (I admit it - ever since Battle of the Planets) but the next one is in the works as a anime / realistic of Nicole B at 4 inches - those skates will be very hard to carve - and I kept getting side tracked to work on it - am ready to shift to what I want to do regardless of "sellablity." Now Kandi is done and needs a good home:laugh: . Anyhoo, I hope this is something someone might like. If a buyer comes from GS I will not disclose precursors information or handle / member name. Besides, responding to the listing on Craig's I wont have any idea anyway. I am not paying for listing this time.

This is not nearly as "suggestive" as Oksana Bs latest pictorial, Poth or Witt's I have seen here but it might just be a little "guy oriented" for some. To me it is really well done but a little on the humorous side. I used my real name on this one as I start getting a bit more serious about making these as Figure Skaters and not just to sell - this is #5. I have always been someone who enjoys model crafting and customization as well did some sculpting in Jr High - High School.

To each their own.:agree: I feel this is appropriate just a "niche market" item. And Figure Skating is a element of said niche.
http://denver.craigslist.org/clt/216430809.html

Last edited: