Thread: Grocery store sign

Grocery store sign

My daughter in Ft. Worth saw a sign at Albertson's. Evidently something had been priced wrong and they put up a sign saying they were sorry for the incontinence.

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    LOL!!

That reminds me of a gas station we have around here. It says "The Pride of(insert towns name here :D)" And then mispells our towns name. Took them a little while, but they finally fixed it. lol

A local dry cleaner had a sign in his window that read 'Drop Your Pants Here'.

Rogue Leader
    Grgranny, I've seen that incontinence note before. It seems to be a Microsoft spell-check problem. When you mis-spell inconvenience, the first correction choice is incontinence. Many people just check that option without really looking. I've seen a couple of emails at work that fell victim to the spell-check.
    Last edited by Antilles; 10-10-2006 at 04:13 PM.

That's hilarious!

Custom Title
    :chorus:

Now...if the floor or street was wet under that sign, I'd really be worried.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    A local dry cleaner had a sign in his window that read 'Drop Your Pants Here'.
    hehe...

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Antilles View Post
    Grgranny, I've seen that incontinence note before. It seems to be a Microsoft spell-check problem. When you mis-spell inconvenience, the first correction choice is incontinence. Many people just check that option without really looking. I've seen a couple of emails at work that fell victim to the spell-check.
    I think it's called the Cupertino Effect. The UPenn Language Log blog has an article about it. There are some funny examples there too.