Grocery store sign | Golden Skate

Grocery store sign

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
My daughter in Ft. Worth saw a sign at Albertson's. Evidently something had been priced wrong and they put up a sign saying they were sorry for the incontinence. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
LOL!! :rofl:

That reminds me of a gas station we have around here. It says "The Pride of(insert towns name here :D)" And then mispells our towns name. Took them a little while, but they finally fixed it. lol :)

heyang

Record Breaker
A local dry cleaner had a sign in his window that read 'Drop Your Pants Here'.

Antilles

Medalist
Grgranny, I've seen that incontinence note before. It seems to be a Microsoft spell-check problem. When you mis-spell inconvenience, the first correction choice is incontinence. Many people just check that option without really looking. I've seen a couple of emails at work that fell victim to the spell-check.

Last edited:

Fredegunda

Rinkside
Grgranny, I've seen that incontinence note before. It seems to be a Microsoft spell-check problem. When you mis-spell inconvenience, the first correction choice is incontinence. Many people just check that option without really looking. I've seen a couple of emails at work that fell victim to the spell-check.

I think it's called the Cupertino Effect. The UPenn Language Log blog has an article about it. There are some funny examples there too.