What's up with YouTube? | Golden Skate

What's up with YouTube?

Mafke

Medalist
A day or two ago I went searching for some skating vids I know I've seen on Youtube and they're not there anymore.

Are they being pulled? By who? Why? Why some and not others? How is Google going to deal with this?

This is a real bummer since I'm finding skating from before 1990 more interesting than most of what's going on now.
It's so refreshing to watch a ladies program and just knowing there won't be any contortionist spirals or awkward spin positions.
And I don't think any mens program has ever surpassed Curry's olympic lp, you can add a lot more jumps and level 4 spins and skate a lot faster but no one since has surpassed him in terms of carriage and extension (which does not mean stretching your legs into split positions unaided...)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
The same thing happened to me. The message I got said certain videos were not available due to copyright infringement. I am not sure if this has anything to do with Google's purchase of You Tube. It stinks though.

Fredegunda

Rinkside
The same thing happened to me. The message I got said certain videos were not available due to copyright infringement. I am not sure if this has anything to do with Google's purchase of You Tube. It stinks though.

I don't think it has to do with Google's purchase, as the same thing has happened to me before yesterday (I used to watch the latest South Park on YouTube and sometimes eps would be there in full and other times they'd be "removed due to copyright infringement").

Mafke, are you also getting that copyright infringement message? Otherwise the user might just have decided to remove the video.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I have not had any problems with the skating clips and I just watched a couple by Ilia Kulik.

Zanzibar

Final Flight
I would imagine the copyright infringment on YouTube is completely out of control - there is simply no way (skating vid's a great example) that many of the posted videos are on that site legally.