Jennifer Don | Golden Skate

Jennifer Don

sk8addict

On the Ice
Heard from Jen this week. She is in Chinese Taipei for their first ever Junior Grand Pre event. She is the commentator and will be doing 19hours of television commentary in Chinese. Her beautiful smile will be flashing over all of China! Lucky them.:love: :love: :love:

Last edited:
Good for Jennifer. She and Hunt (forget his first name) had a magical skate in SA Pittsburgh.

I recently talked to Hunt at MidAtlantics (he was coaching a skater) and he told me he is in the Christmas Show at Radio City. He is searching for a partner. He aint through yet.

Joe

sk8addict

On the Ice
Suprise

Good for Jennifer. She and Hunt (forget his first name) had a magical skate in SA Pittsburgh.

I recently talked to Hunt at MidAtlantics (he was coaching a skater) and he told me he is in the Christmas Show at Radio City. He is searching for a partner. He aint through yet.

Joe

That really suprises me. Jen was quite shocked when he called to end their partnership. She thought they were in it for the long hall. I figured he quite because of his injuries & surgeries. Jen had just skated a clean long program in their last competition.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42916

Here's a thread about it on FSU. Jonathon is training w/ Katie Orscher.
When talking to Jonathan, I half jokingly said, Any possibility of getting Katy Taylor, and that Garret is looking into that. He chuckled and said every guy who skates Pairs wants to get Katy Taylor.

I'm really surprised about Katy Orscher who wanted to become a chef. If he gets Orscher, I think we will have another good Pairs team.

Joe

Skye

On the Ice
When talking to Jonathan, I half jokingly said, Any possibility of getting Katy Taylor, and that Garret is looking into that. He chuckled and said every guy who skates Pairs wants to get Katy Taylor.

Hmmm... excuse me, but why? Is it some joke I don't get?

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Katy Taylor doesn't do pairs (and hasn't indicated publically that she's interested in trying pairs), but I guess the point is that she's small in stature?

Katie Orscher is a clockwise rotator and Jonathon Hunt is counterclockwise, and someone in the FSU thread mentioned that she's been practicing some pair moves with Hunt in her "unnatural" direction. Tiffany Vise (clockwise) and Derek Trent (counterclockwise) are the only senior level "mirror" pair that I know of competing nationally and internationally.

Back on topic... I heard that Taiwan Nationals may also be going on this week (or soon) in Taipei, so perhaps Jennifer Don will be competing in order to defend her national title?

sk8addict, perhaps you could try to find out when this week's Junior Grand Prix in Taipei might be broadcast on Taiwan television and what channel?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sylvia, check on the ISU board. Someone over there posted the broadcast info.

I didn't know Katy Taylor did pairs? :confused:

No one said she did, and I don't think she will. It was just a moment of speculation. Not unlike Jenny Kirk.

Back on topic... I heard that Taiwan Nationals may also be going on this week (or soon) in Taipei, so perhaps Jennifer Don will be competing in order to defend her national title?

Men's Short Program already up.

Joe

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Hmmm... excuse me, but why? Is it some joke I don't get?
This is purely speculation, but since Katy Taylor is tiny (5', per the USFSA website) I think for a lot of male skaters she would be an ideal partner. I remember in an interview with Jason Dungjen, he said that he wanted someone a foot shorter and that's why he teamed up with Kyoko. Of course, Katy is having great success in singles so far so pairs skating is not in her future....

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

antmanb

Record Breaker
No one said she did, and I don't think she will. It was just a moment of speculation. Not unlike Jenny Kirk.
Joe

Except that Jenny and Fedor did actually learn pair skills together and got to teh point of doing lifts and pairs elements and each posted about it on their respective websites.

Ant