Skate Canada in Victoria!!! | Golden Skate

Skate Canada in Victoria!!!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I was just looking for the dates for Skate Canada and also found out it is going to be in Victoria!!! I should go. Victoria has a beautiful new arena and it's not that difficult to get over there from here. Actually, I have a week off in November. I will have to check the dates.

Any GS members from the lower mainland making the ferry trip over?

:clap:

jayta

Rinkside
I'm not from BC but am from SK! And I'm soooo stoked about going to Skate Canada! There is so much to plan and do and I'm hoping to get in a lot of sightseeing! At least a little as most of it will be in the arena.

I'm in the upper level, which kind of sucks. Row P? But I'm hoping I can get lower if some people are no shows at practises and such....

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I'm in the upper level, which kind of sucks. Row P? But I'm hoping I can get lower if some people are no shows at practises and such....
There's really no such thing as the "upper level" in Save on Foods Memorial Centre. It's a small arena, and you can see everything, even from the last row. You still might want to move down if you can, but you won't have a problem seeing from row P.

I've never been to Skate Canada, but in all other competitions I've attended, practices are general admission, and you can sit in any seat that isn't already occupied.

rain

Record Breaker
I too am in the "upper level" of the arena - got tickets late and all, so I'm thrilled to hear that it's a good view all-round.

So looking forward to going to see it live. It didn't even register for the longest time that it was in Victoria or I would have gotten tickets before now. I'm from the Island so it's just a car ride away! Unfortunately I have to work Thursday, Friday, but I got a weekend ticket package (quite a reasonable price) so I get to see the women's and men's free skates, the free dance, and the parade of champions.

Woo hoooo!

gio

Medalist
I was just looking for the dates for Skate Canada and also found out it is going to be in Victoria!!! I should go. Victoria has a beautiful new arena and it's not that difficult to get over there from here. Actually, I have a week off in November. I will have to check the dates.

Any GS members from the lower mainland making the ferry trip over?

:clap:

I wish I was born in Canada, in the United States, in Russia or in Japan!!! :cry: