Best pair and dance teams today? | Golden Skate

Best pair and dance teams today?

Best pair and dance teams today?

• Total voters

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
This is not who you predict to win Worlds this year, but who you personally consider the best pair and dance combos out there today? Vote for one pair and one dance team, it is multiple choice but vote for only 1 in each discipline.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I like Delobel and Schoenfeldner alot and find them very undermarked. It must be frusterating to keep collecting 4ths and 5ths at the biggest event. Their reaction in the kiss and cry at the Olympics when they skated last, saw that despite placing 2nd in the free skate they were 4th, less then 2 points behind both the silver and bronze medalist, was a memory for me of the Games. They were just devastated, I felt for them.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Amazing to see the Zhangs with less votes then Petrova/Tikhonov and even "other pairs" excluding the 3 Chinese and Petrova/Tikhonov. I guess I am not the only one not sold on her total vague expression on the ice and their "connect the dots" programs.

mimosa

Spectator
In Ice dancing the situation is AlbenaDenkova/Maksim Staviski and the others.
The Bulgarian are absolutely unattainable, phenomenal. Different class.
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Last edited:

lanadd

On the Ice
In Ice dancing the situation is AlbenaDenkova/Maksim Staviski and the others.
The Bulgarian are absolutely unattainable, phenomenal. Different class.
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Absolutely true!! A class of their own!! Absolutely unattainable at the moment by the other competitors.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For Dance: my vote went to Dubreuil/Lauzon
For Pairs: Shen & Zhau (sp??)

Dee

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
re. Denkova/Stavyisky: I've mentioned this quote before when talking about them, but I'll trundle it out again.... Robert McCall (Tracy Wilson's partner) once said of Torvill & Dean "They're fine art; the rest of us are paint by numbers". I think Denkova & Staviysky more than any couple in the last 10 years or so also exemplifies this quote. Even when I don't necessarily like what they do (like a sequence in the FD or something), I can still recognize its extremely high quality. And I think Deloebel & Schoenfelder can come very close to this as well.

As far as pairs, well, I just can't imagine it getting any better than Shen & Zhao. No other pair in history has been able to combine that wonderful artistry with such amazing technical maneuvers.