Thread: Buttle a question mark for Skate Canada

Custom Title

News Buttle a question mark for Skate Canada

Not a good news guys...

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/s...ortsOther/home

Olympic bronze medalist Jeffrey Buttle has officially pulled out of the Kurt Browning Gotta Skate show in Toronto Friday night and his participation at Skate Canada in two weeks is a question mark.

The 24-year-old skater from Sudbury, Ont., underwent an MRI in Toronto Wednesday to determine if a stress fracture in his back that he incurred during the summer had healed. His back began hurting him again last Friday during training.

Buttle said yesterday he is waiting to hear from doctors how the MRI he had yesterday compares to one he had eight weeks ago when he was first treated before he knows whether or not he can compete at Skate Canada in Victoria, B.C. from Nov. 2 to 5.

Buttle is scheduled to compete against two-time world champion Stéphane Lambiel of Switzerland and U.S. champion Johnny Weir as well as Daisuke Takahashi of Japan at the international event.

Custom Title
    No Eman, no Buttle at Skate Canada.

At least I don't have to watch the men's free skate from behind the chesterfield!

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Please say it isn't so!!!! No Jeff - I can't stand it. No Emaneul as well? What is happening to Team Canada!!!!!!

Rinkside

no emanual?

what? is emanual sanshu out for the season? or just not competing at skate canada? that would be terrible

Go NJ Devils
    Quote Originally Posted by moi View Post
    what? is emanual sanshu out for the season? or just not competing at skate canada? that would be terrible
    Not competing at Skate Canada. Sandhu is assigned to Cup of China and Cup of Russia.