canada westerns | Golden Skate

canada westerns

moi

Rinkside
hey everyone.
i was talking to one of my friends the other day on what kind of skaters might be showing up at westerns this year. i know a lot of people have moved up from last year from each province. alberta should be interesting to watch for sure. they always seem to have quite a few good skaters. western ontario and bc as well. it should be interesting to see how their skaters do at sections. pre-novice women...eager to see this years batch. last year the west had a pretty good group, rylie, kirsten moore-towers. others as well. i love to watch that event because it tends always to be new faces.
i'm hoping there will be some new pairs teams as well. and the juniors are always great to watch

CDMM1991

Medalist
I'd keep my eye out for Cecylia Witkowski for juniors, she had a really nice long program to come from 11th in the short program to win the novice national title last year.

Also Moore-Towers in whatever she competes in, I saw her at junior nationals last year and loved her!

moi

Rinkside
cecylia definately! i saw her long at nationals, what a skater, and what fight to come back from the short! what about the other novice ladies this year? alberta's got a few ones to watch, like sarah mccoy, jessica-amy seargent, sara horcoff and dallas daniel. also, Kristen Grocholski from sask. bc's rika inoda as well. what do u think?

tfirus

Spectator
well rika inoda in bc is first after the short in novice woman and was amazing with a 3 salchow 2 toe and got 36 points for the program. also cecylia witkowski is awsome and is in 2 in junior after the short and has to skate

lil_oreo

Spectator
well it ended up that cecylia witkowski won junior ladies and rika also won novice ladies.

moi

Rinkside
Westerns are coming up fast and the teams are set! Looking foreward to some great competition! Pre-Novice men from BC seem to be in pretty good shape going in, also the Novice Ladies from Alberta. Really looking foreward to seeing the new dance teams set to compete as well. What are you guys most eagerly anticipating?