Skating this weekend on ESPN Classic | Golden Skate

Skating this weekend on ESPN Classic

eliza88

On the Ice
For those of you with cable, there is a lot of skating on this weekend on ESPN Classic...1988 World Pro, 1996 Worlds, 1997 Worlds, 2005 Worlds...I am guessing it won't be complete coverage, but it will be fun to watch these again!

eliza88

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
how are events in 05 and 06 considered classic? can anyone explain that to me? lol

eliza88

On the Ice
perhaps 05 and 06 aren't "classic" but hey, they ARE broadcasting figure skating!!

I am looking forward to the 1988 World Pro coverage...wonder who is in it...perhaps Torvill and Dean, G/G...Plus I hope they show Kwan and Chen Lu's complete 1996 LP's!

eliza88

R.D.

Record Breaker
Does Irina Slutskaya's 2005 Worlds LP count as an "instant classic?" :)

If so, then let's throw in Arakawa's 2004 World skate, Arakawa's 2006 Olympic skate, Meissner's 2006 World skate, Kwan's 2003 world skate, Kwan's 2004 nationals skate, Rochette's 2004 (?) nationals skate...and throw in a couple GP performances (Czisny, Nikodinov, etc.) for good measure. :cool: :scratch:

Longhornliz

Final Flight
how are events in 05 and 06 considered classic? can anyone explain that to me? lol

they played the national football championship game about a month after it originally aired. i'm a longhorn fan... but i agree with you that things need at least 10 years or so before they are deemed classic.

Its like when starts wear dresses from a few seasons ago and call it "vintage"

JaeJ

Rinkside
For those of you with cable, there is a lot of skating on this weekend on ESPN Classic...1988 World Pro, 1996 Worlds, 1997 Worlds, 2005 Worlds...I am guessing it won't be complete coverage, but it will be fun to watch these again!

eliza88

thank you! I need to tivo it.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
What channel is ESPN? Don't know if I receive this channel.

gio

Medalist
I receive the Italian ESPN Classic but unfortunately on the schedule for October there isn't any skating programmed. :cry: Last year they showed some pro skating and some Olympics programs in December and January.

For Ladskater = ESPN Classic is a channel that shows all the old competitions of major sports in major events (Olympics, Worlds...). If it exist in Italy, I think that also Canada it has one. In Italy you can receive that channel just if you have the satellite and it is part of a pack of sport channels under payment. I don't know how it is in Canada.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I tuned into what I thought was the ESPN channel but all I got was football. ARGH!!!!! to quote Charlie Brown.

:frown:

mzheng

Record Breaker
I tuned into what I thought was the ESPN channel but all I got was football. ARGH!!!!! to quote Charlie Brown.

:frown:
I hope I can have choice of my cable company. Can't believe paying $100 a month don't even get this chanel. All the sports they shown on sports chanel were gamgling? Their sales person called me last week tried to persuad me to combine my phone service with comcast current service saying saving money by only paying 30 something more......I told him I don't want to spend a penny more on comcast service for we hardly have time to use their service.....Well, all those commercial made me laugh, you have to spend more money before you get the saving.....Guess it's American way. lol