In Seventh Heaven | Golden Skate

In Seventh Heaven

Eowyn

Rinkside
*lurker*

Not sure if this is the right forum...but ESPN Classic is having a World's marathon this afternoon. Just wrapping up the '96 championships.

*sighs*

I miss the pre-COP days of skating....the annoucers weren't talking about points, transitions, etc, just the skating.

Irina looks so young!! (glad she doesn't wear feathers anymore)

I'm torn!!!! The Tigers are trailing the A's 2-0 in the second!

Thanks for posting. There is also a discussion about this a few threads down ("Skating this weekend on ESPN Classic").

Mathman :)

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I watched some of the first stuff and then some of the last of it. It was really strange watching some of the "older" competitions. I was watching the 96' comp., and it's almost boggling how many things change in the course of 10 years, and how fast those ten years have gone!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
This was fun, I missed not seeing 05 Z & X and Ira's SP and where wads Tara, but it was fun. The commentary on Ira's comments to Tara when they were in the elevator together was priceless.

Good stuff for me either way, I just wish that they would have went more in depth and longer. Particularly the last "reflections" I could have done with out and just give me the skating. Well Campbell's' is tomorrow, good thing I have a big hard drive(s):laugh: .

SeaniBu

Record Breaker

Thanks for posting. There is also a discussion about this a few threads down ("Skating this weekend on ESPN Classic").

Got to define your priorities bud, priorities.:rofl:

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice

How can you be torn! Of course I'm an SU football fan (because I go there, not because I think the football team is good), so I specifically avoided watching today's slaughter.

By the way, Mathman, my Intro Engineering Teacher absolutely loves these unbelievably unsolvable logic problems. The other day I had to do one where the first guy takes 1 candy and then 1/3 of the remaining candy and so on. Reminded me of you.

I just can't decide which I would rather watch, beautiful graceful ladies in skimpy costumes or sweaty beer-bellied men spitting and swearing. :)

emma

Record Breaker
go tigers

Well the game ended gloriously and made me momentarily forget that i don't get espn classic (and i have dish network!).

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Imagine Irina telling Tara she didn't belong! Tara sure showed HER a year later--Tara stood on top of the 1997 World podium while Irina went medalless.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Imagine Irina telling Tara she didn't belong! Tara sure showed HER a year later--Tara stood on top of the 1997 World podium while Irina went medalless.
Chalk one up to Karma;)

I thought that was interesting, I wonder what her tone of voice was - hopefully joking but who knows. It was also funny how Peter - I think - was recalling the story with the Russian accent.:laugh:

Eowyn

Rinkside

:rofl:

I have to say mathman....you are one of the main reasons I like this forum...but I am shocked that you would choose to watch something other than skating! ;) (eh, I understand....my TV went back and forth between football and skating yesterday....have to cater to the sports fanatic husband...who can't seem to watch football on HIS tv...must invade my space...)

I missed the other discussion...OOPS. My fault for not "lurking" enough this season. I feel so far behind. Of course, skating isn't as interesting to me as it used to be, since I don't really feel "connected" to many of the current crop (exception...the ice dancers in the US)

It was a sad day when MK didn't compete at the Olys. Like the end of an era.

I really enjoyed seeing her '96 worlds program...THATS the MK I remember training with eons ago!!!

OK, wait a minute now. I hope you didn't think that one would slip by me. You trained with Michelle? Are you famous? (Are you Amber Corwin? :love:) Aha! I just Googled you:

http://www2.gvsu.edu/~klitzkee/images/eowyn.jpg

Well, I just finished watching Campbell's. Oh, how I miss Michelle. Even in a lowly cheesefest she never let the audience down.

MM :)

Eowyn

Rinkside
OK, wait a minute now. I hope you didn't think that one would slip by me. You trained with Michelle? Are you famous? (Are you Amber Corwin? :love:) Aha! I just Googled you:

http://www2.gvsu.edu/~klitzkee/images/eowyn.jpg

Well, I just finished watching Campbell's. Oh, how I miss Michelle. Even in a lowly cheesefest she never let the audience down.

MM :)

*giggles* Nope, sorry, no one famous. :biggrin:

Unless of course slaying the witch king makes me famous, but I believe that is another story. ;)

Naw, just a former skater who never quite found a "niche" in the sport, other than the love of flying over the ice. Too many injuries and too much $$ to stick with it for fun though. Ice time is expensive where I live, and hockey rules supreme.

Now I just idly sit back and watch the idiots at the ISU slowly ruin what was once a beautiful sport. It makes me incredibly sad.

I agree....a cheesefest just isn't a cheesefest without Michelle. The end of an era! It's so sad. *wails*

*back to lurking*

waxel

Final Flight
I enjoyed watching the ESPN classic stuff if only to see Lee Ann Miller skate for the first time. She had such beautiful line and elegance. It was like watching a true dancer on ice.