The Podium Predictions | Golden Skate

The Podium Predictions

It's time to think about who will be the top 3 in the JGP Final.

Name 3 for each discipline in no particular order. Men, Ladies, Pairs, Dance.

Joe

For the ladies, I'll guess Caroline Zhang, Nana Takeda and Ashley Wagner.

With one event to go, it is still not completely clear who will be there. Both Megan Oster and Melissa Bulanhagui have a good chance to make the final. If either of them gets second or better in the last event, she will knock out Stefania Berton of Italy or Rumi Suizu of Japan. Even with a bronze it will be a tie, and Orser at least will probably make it on the tie breaker.

In fact, it could be five U.S. ladies plus Takeda in the Final.

For the men, Tommy Steenberg will probably make the finals even if he finishes only fourth. (So far, he has the most average points which puts him in the lead for tie-braeakers.)

This could be an all U.S. poduim with Steenberg, Carriere -- and on a wild hunch I'll take Mroz over Kanallikan and Reynolds.

Cool! :rock: So that means Bulanhagui and Oster both have excellent chances to make the final, and Yeu-Ji Shin of Korea is still in the running, too.

32 Lucky Skaters or Teams in the Final!! That would be worth the price of admission.:cool:

Lets figure out who they are after this Czech skate.

Joe

JOHIO2

Medalist
now that the competition is about to begin, would anyone like to modify their predictions?

Saundy

On the Ice
I always find the junior ranks so unpredictable so I always hesitate to guess. But I do however think Caroline Zhang will pull it off. She seems to be very consistant which is not common in junior.

It seems like the americans will take every discipline as gold and maybe silver and bronze.

I'll take Zhang for the Ladies; Carriere for the Men; McLaughlin and Brubaker for Pairs; and possibly Hubbel and Hubbel (but there is a first rate Russian dance team there.)

Joe

AliasJohnDoe

Rinkside
Ladies:
1.Zhang
2.Wagner
3.Takeda
4.Bulanhagui

Men:
1.Steenberg
2.Carriere
3.Borodulin
4.Mroz

Pairs:
1.McLaughlin/Brubaker
2.Moyle/Seitz
3.Krasilnikova/Bezmaternikh
4.Bazarova/Larionov

Dance:
1.Bobrova/Soloviev
2.Hubbell/Hubbell
3.Samuelson/Bates
4.Grunberg/Rand

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Ladies is as far as I am going to go this year to start. Watched a lot but not all, Zhang - juv, Firth - nov, Hacker - Jr., Roth - Sr.

Pretty much the way the standings are, but...? IMO Hacker was the most enjoyable to watch.