Valerie Marcoux and Craig Bunton ??? | Golden Skate

Valerie Marcoux and Craig Bunton ???

chania36

On the Ice
I am happy to have read into the Spotlight on skating magazine that they are still skating has amateur... One thing that gave me a shock was that they both decided to end their off ice romatic relationship and they said that it is going quite well since....

I just had my copy of the Spotlight on Skating magazine and this was such a chock for me, I just din't know, did anyone knew this??? I did not come for all summer and did not read that in any of my other figure skating magazines that I receives all the time....

Maybe this will be news to you too... If the news came out before, can you let me know where and when ???

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
I did not know that they were a couple off the ice!!!! I think that if they were a couple and now they are not, then this is going to create some problems. I bet they won't be together as a pairs team after this year. Too many issues will arise. Too bad, I really liked them but was getting to like D & D better.

brinababy87

Rinkside
I really liked their skating on Sunday... They could have ended their relationship amiably.

LOL, they were practicing lifts and choreography in the seating areas (high up, but still) before the competition. Of course, it wasn't too long until they were disrupted too often for autographs to really warm up. Makes me wonder if they went up there on purpose. ;)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Elena Bechke and Denis Petrov, Pairs skaters from Russia, were married and later divorced, and they skated beautifully together for years. Elena Berezhanaia and Anton Sikharulidze were once romantically involved and later broke it off, and they are still skating together. Same thing with Peter Tchernyshev and Naomi Lang. They are back skating together professionally. They, too, were a couple in the early days of their partnership.

Sometimes the partnership works better without romantic entanglements. Julia Obertas and Sergei Slavnov are in a romantic relationship, and it sure hasn't helped their skating.

chania36

On the Ice
In the magazine they say that it was a mutual decision that they made... They were together since 6 years and some months and now they are still skating together and they are doing great, that is what is reported, I believe that since it was amicably like they said, and that it is going great, well I do believe that...

You remember Annabelle Langlois and Patrice Archetto, when they did split because she had broken up their off ice romantic relationship and he said that he was not capable of skating with her since he still loved her, in that case I understand that their skating had suffered because of it and in their case, splitting was probably the better way....

With Marcoux and Bunton, they came to the decision together, so they should be ok to continu on skating, some pairs have done it and they were still great, look at Brasseur and Eisler, they were a couple of a time, not long, maybe a year, but they still continue on skating till their retirement and they are close friends today and always been...

So I truly believe that Marcoux and Bunton will continue and succeed at it.... I will see them soon on a sectional competition next week...