Cards win NL, to face Tigers | Golden Skate

Cards win NL, to face Tigers

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I live in San Diego and I'm a Padre fan. So no comment.:laugh: (I shouldn't be bitter. It certainly is not the fault of the Cardinals that we can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn and we were stupid enough to KEEP PITCHING TO PUJOLS)

I do offer my congratulations to the fans in St. Louis, however. At least you guys probably didn't leave the stadium in the 7th inning when the chips were down like many of the jerks down here.....

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Congratulations to the Cards...but...

they're about to get shuffled, hehehehe. :p

I could not agree more after watching how the Tigers handled the Yankees. :agree: They are the team to beat and I don't think the Cards can do it, but that's just my humble baseball fangirl opinion from watching this season unfold. Go Detroit!!! :rock: (Sean Casey might be healthy to play too after having a week off which would be wonderful because he is SUCH a good guy and a great player. I really want to see him in the World Series!)

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Gee, thanks for the support :sheesh: (except for Johnny Coop - thank you :)

On one hand I would agree that the Cards are at major disadvantage but they have the momentum. I have seen first hand that sweeping a team and waiting while the opponent battles through game 7 does not mean you will have an easy win. Cards were meant to be sweapt by the Mets but they are still playing.

I would keep the brooms and balloons in the closet till the series are over.

Then we will see.

Alsace

On the Ice
I'm glad that the Cardinals won. But now my husband and I are rooting for opposite teams in the World Series. (Fortunately, I'm not a die-hard fan, though my aunt, a resident of STL is.)

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Sorry! I didn't mean to be a downer or anything but I'm not a huge Cards fan either. I'm from Cincy and the Cards drive me bonkers all season long. I was rooting for the Mets and I really wanted to see a Mets-Tigers world series this year. I still think Detroit's pitching is much stronger than St. Louis and in the post season, that makes a huge difference. :)

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
We Are The Champions!!!!!

Woo-hoo!!!!!!

I didn't want to post last nuight, I was so happy, I couldn't even type!

We won, against so many odds. Nobody thought we could do it, but we did.

We became the first team since 1923 to win a World Seies in a new stadium.

Yes, we have the worst record in the regular season, but we are still the champs.

STL claims their 10th championship.

As a passionate hockey fan, it is a bit of a sweet revenge to beat a team out of Detroit, the city that was responsible for sending our hockey team packing so many years in a row!

I wish I was in STL to celebrate.

But I am going to Skate America shortly, what a great week!!!